Wyze bulb losing connection

Are you on the beta app or the regular one?

Hello everyone!

This is an issue that we are looking into. What we need from anyone experiencing this issue:

1. When the bulb goes offline, physically restart it
  2. Once the bulb is online please submit a log from Account → Help & Feedback → Report an Issue
  3. Select the bulb that was offline from the ‘Select device’ dropdown (this will send a firmware log with the app log).

Please note it is important that this log be submitted as soon as possible from when the bulb in question is rebooted, this will help us locate what is causing this problem. Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

I did exactly that a day ago. Hopefully you guys picked it up

Just been fighting this myself. 2 out of 4 bulbs stopped responding. Turned out that my issue was my wifi channel. I moved my 2.4Ghz to 9 due to a lot of other signals when my router was using auto. The bulbs failed a few days later. I didn’t make the connection until I realized that my phone would only connect to the 5Ghz.

Set the router back to auto and everything is working again. Odd thing is that it’s now using channel 8. Do these bulbs channel switch or are they set in some way?

Of course this could just be confirmation bias after a router off/on corrected the issue but I’m throwing my finding out there anyway.

I have discovered that it helps to delete the offending bulb and begin anew. This works for one of my bulbs, but then I have to try for a couple of days to get it back online. It’s a pain but Wyze offered to replace it.

I have had this problem randomly. Today I had to reboot my router and one went offline. Normally I would delete and add again, but today I turned off the lamp for about 20-30 seconds and then turned it back on. I then searched and found this forum thread. After reading through the posts, I went back to go ahead and delete it as I normally would do and it had reconnected.

i have had the same problem with going off line and now i cannot get them conncected to my 2.4 wifi circuti… and typing in the wifi network and the password is a major pita. it didnt work like that when i first used the bulbs. they changed the software on the app.

i will try again but about ready to give up on the bulb s and send them back to Wyze.

Same problem here. I use my bulbs outside my house to go on and off with the schedule. And just of the blue one goes offline. I put a router extension 20 feet away and it may help just a bit. If I switch the lamp off then on again it starts to work. Too unreliable. I have to return them.

hopeless

1 Like

Same issue here. Bought a four pack of bulbs, one will not even connect at all no matter what fixture I put it in or if I reboot the router. It just will not connect. The other three connect and work for random periods of time. Sometimes it’ll go six hours. The most it has gone is about 48 hours. But eventually all three of them go off-line. If I physically unscrew the bulb and screw it back in it will reconnect.

I have about 15 other smart devices on the router including Kasa plugs, three Wyze cams, a Honeywell thermostat, and a smart garage door opener. Everything else works perfectly. I am a big fan of this company. Please you guys can do better than this.

1 Like

agree
i am sending them all back

All my bulbs are randomly going offline, starting a week ago. cameras and sockets work fine

1 Like

the wyze people need to either do a recall of the bulbs or a firmware upgrade…are you listening up there ??

1 Like

I initially had the same problem. For several weeks now, however, the bulbs are completely reliable.

Just had the same issue as everyone else. I had lots of trouble pairing it the first time. Now this second time…7 attempts before it finally took.

And the wyze bulb is what most excited me.

I’m glad everything else is working great and will be expanding the system. Just want my light to work cause I’m lazy at night.

Same issue. The bulbs have been working fine for about a week and a half, now all 3 have lost connection with Alexa. They still work in the wyze app, but the whole point was voice control. I was planning on doing the whole house with them, but I need something more reliable. I’m glad i started off with a 4 pack.

Wyze was compromised and reset all tokens. You have to repair your devices such as Alexa

Same here

I’ve had this problem with all four of my bulbs for the past couple months. It started out being an intermittent problem but now occurs multiple times daily. It’s getting very irritating having to power cycle the lights just to get them to work. This is beyond irritating at this point.