Wyze bulb losing connection

I initially had the same problem. For several weeks now, however, the bulbs are completely reliable.

Just had the same issue as everyone else. I had lots of trouble pairing it the first time. Now this second time…7 attempts before it finally took.

And the wyze bulb is what most excited me.

I’m glad everything else is working great and will be expanding the system. Just want my light to work cause I’m lazy at night.

Same issue. The bulbs have been working fine for about a week and a half, now all 3 have lost connection with Alexa. They still work in the wyze app, but the whole point was voice control. I was planning on doing the whole house with them, but I need something more reliable. I’m glad i started off with a 4 pack.

Wyze was compromised and reset all tokens. You have to repair your devices such as Alexa

Same here

I’ve had this problem with all four of my bulbs for the past couple months. It started out being an intermittent problem but now occurs multiple times daily. It’s getting very irritating having to power cycle the lights just to get them to work. This is beyond irritating at this point.

same here I have four bulbs that have not consistently work for more than three or four weeks straight and I’ve had these bulbs since July also the door switches and motion sensor seems to be erratic as well

Same problem so i guess I’ll return it

Is the firmware available yet? Bought 8 bulbs and I use 6. They all disconnect within 48 hours. I have to delete and re-pair each light for the to work again. BAM they all are disconnected with 48 hrs again. Thinking about going back to Sengled.

firmware is out. hope it helps you., mine disconnected quite a bit for the first few days on the older firmware. after a couple days of disconnections, they’ve been flawless since. now a new firmware is out, it’s only been a few days but all is well.

If I turn a bulbs power off (Via light switch) it never comes back online without me re-adding it to the control panel. Massive pain. No longer recommending this item.

Hello @NJTexh and welcome to the community.

How long have you left it after turning on the switch to see if it comes online. I have one of my 8 that does get turned off by switch every day and it will reconnect after being turned on usually within 5 minutes. The main issue with turning if off by the switch is it will lose the connection because you shut off all power, it needs a tiny bit of power to maintain the connection.

1 Like

A few of my bulbs recently went offline and aren’t coming back online. Wireless signal is good. I’ve had them since they have first come out and this is the first time this has happened.

I’m going to investigate a bit more when I have time.

I have 5 bulbs and 3 of them disconnect constantly. My signal strength is good and power source doesn’t fluctuate. Very frustrated! I wouldn’t recommend buying these until the disconnect issue is resolved.

Hi, @Mixe57. Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wyze bulbs. Have you tried to use a different bulb with one of the 3 that is giving you problems. This will help narrow down what is causing the issue whether it is an environment issue or a bad bulb. Trade out the bad bulbs with good ones and see if it makes a difference.

Wyze Bulb FAQ

Start a Support Ticket

1 Like

Yes, I relocated/reset bulb and they appeared to work fine. During this time I had other bulbs in my group disconnect as the switch indicator icons appeared with a cloud and line. I can’t find any reason why these disconnect. Prior to installing Wyze bulbs, in the same bulb sockets, I had Osram Lightify bulbs that worked great. The only thing I can think of is that the Wyze bulbs may be more sensitive to IR interference.

1 Like

Same issue. I have 2 bulbs. One keeps dropping offline. Sometimes it stays connected for 3-4 days sometimes just a day. I have to unscrew the bulb and screw it back in to reset. I tried swapping bulbs. Issues still remains. Wifi signal is good and equal for both.

Same problem. I turned the bulb on by hand and it reconnected automatically. Did not need to delete from the app or reload.

I am jumping back into this thread because I too was very unhappy with my Wyze bulbs when I first bought them back in December. I so wanted them to work. They kept going offline. I did everything I saw on this forum. I reinstalled them, I moved them closer to the wifi router, I lit candles and said a prayer. :roll_eyes: Nothing worked. After every attempt, they would all end up in an offline state where I had to repower them off and then back on to reconnect for intermittent periods of time.

Then I finally did one thing I had not done. I submitted a ticket to Wyze’s support. Within a day they had me run a network analysis and suggested I may have latency issues in my network. Their response: “What we’ve noticed is that it looks like there is some packet loss on your network as well as latency - or a delay on the commands given and the other end receiving it. Possible causes of this are bad ethernet cable to modem, or an issue inside the ISPs infrastructure. For this, I would advise rebooting your router. The WiFi is giving very limited results in this scan which could be caused by that packet loss/latency.”

I thought it was BS. I had 20+ smart devices and they all worked 100% of the time except my Wyze bulbs. Well, I did realize that I had a 6 year old wi fi router and maybe I could optimize things. I am investing in more Smart Technology and wanted to make sure I had the best Wi-Fi infrastructure I could. I bought 2 Google Nest Wi-Fi Routers. I hard wired them together on opposite ends of the house (home is about 3,400 sq feet and 2 stories). I upgraded my internet to 300 MB/s. Lo and behold all 4 of my Wyze bulbs have been 100% connected for almost 2 months now. Not 1 single offline. occurrence.

I’m not saying that is what is causing these issues with everybody. I am just saying that was the issue in my home and replacing my Wi-Fi corrected the problem completely. I wish the bulb’s handled latency issues and/or packet loss as well as the Wyze camera’s but it does not appear they do.

Just be sure to leverage the Wyze Support team. They did respond to me multiple times and they were trying to fix my issue.

2 Likes