WYZE bulb / HomeKit

This worked fine for me. A little clunky (as mentioned), but I can say "Hey siri … " and the bulbs turn on or off.

For a group I had to double up (since I have two bulbs in one location) the shortcut since the IFTTT interface only allows one bulb at a time per webhook. So for instance I have “office west” and “office east” as separate shortcuts, then made an “office” shortcut that does both URLs one after another.

Thank you for this workaround while WYZE works on making legitimate integration with HomeKit … at least for the lights.

1 Like

while WYZE works on making legitimate integration with HomeKit?

Are they actually working on it? I haven’t heard anything despite having asked them a few times. That would be great if they actually were going to add it. Did they announce they are bringing HomeKit to the bulbs?

Hi, it’s been about 6 months since I last checked in. Is there any progress on finding out if the bulbs will get HomeKit?

No further updates at this time. We are still interested in HomeKit, though!

1 Like

I don’t mean to be rude but at this point it really just feels like you’re stringing us along. It would be great to get a yes or no.

It’s fine if HomeKit support isn’t coming but just let us know. As a developer myself I can tell you it doesn’t take that long to figure out if the hardware is capable of supporting it and even less time to find out if the dev team is going to implement support or not.

Our camera hardware currently doesn’t support it. We tried negotiating for our other products becoming HomeKit compatible without Wyze Cam and we have not reached a conclusion with those discussions. At this point, we’re still aiming for it but I can’t make firm promises or offer timelines. I don’t want to give a no because we haven’t given up on this yet but I cannot give a confident yes.

1 Like

Thanks for the honest reply, @UserCustomerGwen - really appreciate it.

Let’s face it, this means that Homekit isn’t coming to their products (especially not the cameras), and that this was never really even remotely in their plans.

This is unfortunate.

Yeah based on the reaction I’m getting I’m guessing you’re right. Telling me they are still interested in HomeKit is such a copout.

There’s a big difference between telling me they’re actively researching something and they’re interested in some thing.

I hate it when companies pull this bullshit. Just be honest!

Just so I understand this, isn’t the issue they can’t get Homekit to approve licensing or rights?
I don’t claim to understand the issue, so I am just asking. “We tried negotiating for our other products becoming HomeKit compatible without Wyze Cam and we have not reached a conclusion with those discussions”

I’m going to reserve final judgment, but I’m drawing my conclusion based on WYZE’s lackluster and lipservice-only ’support’ for HomeKit so far.

To be quite honest, if you look at the background of the founders, it’s pretty obvious why they wouldn’t understand HomeKit, or for that matter, care much for it - they all came from Amazon backgrounds, home of Alexa.

“…reached a conclusion with those discussions” - sorry, but HomeKit support for lightbulbs, sensors and plugs is extremely simple to provide — so simple, in fact, that a plethora of identical products, supporting HomeKit, have already swamped the market.

I’m going to stick with “they simply don’t care”.

(Attachment Pasted Graphic.tiff is missing)

I’m going to reserve final judgment, but I’m drawing my conclusion based on WYZE’s lackluster and lipservice-only ’support’ for HomeKit so far.

To be quite honest, if you look at the background of the founders, it’s pretty obvious why they wouldn’t understand HomeKit, or for that matter, care much for it - they all came from Amazon backgrounds, home of Alexa.

“…reached a conclusion with those discussions” - sorry, but HomeKit support for lightbulbs, sensors and plugs is extremely simple to provide — so simple, in fact, that a plethora of identical products, supporting HomeKit, have already swamped the market.

I’m going to stick with “they simply don’t care”.

I dunno. If that’s the case I wish she had just said that instead of “we are interested in HomeKit”

The bulbs came out something like a year ago and it’s frustrating that the only answer I can get after a year of asking is “we are interested in HomeKit”

At least they gave us a definite “no” with the cameras, which is fine. I just was an actionable response so I can know what products to buy. Buying the bulbs on the vague answers I’ve been getting so far doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Homekit guarantees privacy. It’s why people want it. Apple has very stringent privacy requirements that must be met in order to be certified for Homekit. So it’s not about ‘paying more’… it’s ensured about privacy.

1 Like

Thank you, Doug, for stating the obvious - albeit I doubt folks like EdgesUp2U will understand our priorities.

Jjjjjjjj , I’ve made that choice and decision a while ago, Since it was very obvious that HomeKit isn’t a priority to WYZE, and based on the reliability issues of their other products, I can see why we shouldn’t really expect it to be.

|

• |

| Jjjjjjjj
June 6 |

• | - |

I dunno. If that’s the case I wish she had just said that instead of “we are interested in HomeKit”

The bulbs came out something like a year ago and it’s frustrating that the only answer I can get after a year of asking is “we are interested in HomeKit”

At least they gave us a definite “no” with the cameras, which is fine. I just was an actionable response so I can know what products to buy. Buying the bulbs on the vague answers I’ve been getting so far doesn’t make any sense.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| bookooc
June 6 |

• | - |

Just so I understand this, isn’t the issue they can’t get Homekit to approve licensing or rights? I don’t claim to understand the issue, so I am just asking. “We tried negotiating for our other products becoming HomeKit compatible without Wyze Cam and we have not reached a conclusion with those dis…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thank you, That answer was far more satisfactory. Wyze has an enthusiastic customer base! We want to know the fine details.

1 Like

You’re welcome! We appreciate the passion from our customers and understand that the trade-off is sometimes frustration when folks have features and products they truly want but we haven’t implemented them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some time has passed on this thread and looking for an update on where Wyze is with HomeKit integration. Bulbs in particular, but certainly the entire Wyze ecosystem. Please advise.

they keep releasing new products without any Consideration for HomeKit. At this point I’m not hopeful it will ever come. At the very least I wish they would have an open API so we can implement our own solutions

I don’t have an update on that at this time, I’m sorry. We’re focusing primarily on getting our existing integrations back to the level they should be at.