Wyze Bulb Color Firmware Beta Test 10/6/2021

Same here… all of mine are running the latest as of this morning. I updated some from the bulb’s Device Settings > Firmware Version, some were updated individually from Account > Firmware Update and this morning’s updates were a bulk update from Account > Firmware Update. The only update paths I didn’t test were from the pop-up notice and I’m out of bulbs to update. :grinning: No issues to report.

3 Likes

Not sure which thread to post this, but out of 8 bulbs, only 1 was able to be updated successfully. The bulb is trying to upgrade from 1.2.0.333 to 1.2.0.415. I have tried from home, account screen and also tried individual as well… maybe because it is a big leap of updates??..

Have you unplugged power for about 15 seconds and plug it back in? I had to do that in the past and have decided to make sure I do it with updates ever since.

I am having a similar problem. Just got my first color bulb and once it is added it is completely unresponsive.

Every update fails.
I have reset and readded (which works fine)

But as soon as it is in the app it wont respond to anything. It is showing online in my network manager so it is connected.

Support sent me here as soon as they realized I was using the beta app.

Log:354445

I am certain that I have tried every solution listed in this forum. Out of 8 bulbs, when I tried to update first 3, 1 updated successfully. After that, no bulbs would update so that is 1 bulb updating correctly out of 8 :frowning: … hopefully there is a new update.

Not sure how smart bulb version control works but possibly because the new bulbs have lower versions than the current users?? The bigger gap in difference creates problem?

I have unscrewed the bulb, screwed back on then unplugged the lamp for about 5minutes. After that, I have deleted the bulb and reset the bulb and added the bulb back. I have tried to do an update after these steps but still negative :upside_down_face:

I would be led to believe that your problems have something to do with the known service outage going on right now. Keep tabs on the service status page for updates.

1 Like

Hey thanks for letting us know of this!

There have been a few posts in the forum over the last few hours about your same issue that were updated with the same link. Hang in there, keep checking that site :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay all my issues are solved as of today morning. :slight_smile: individual and bulk updates are both available and smooth. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Glad to hear!

I tried updating 4 color bulbs to .415 individually (was only going to do one to test but got carried away lol)
3 of the 4 updated successfully but one died completely.
They were all on (in a group) when update began.
I tried usual resetting options for dead bulb to no avail.
I was running app vs 2.24.51 at start of bulb firmware update, then as part of troubleshooting, I updated the app to 2.26.22.
Tried bulb troubleshooting again. Still dead. Last bulb that I had an issue with just turned red and won’t respond to any commands. But at least it came on. This new problem bulb won’t even turn on.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.