Wyze Bulb Color Firmware Beta Test 10/6/2021

That’s niceeee. I’m guessing an app update would need to occur for this to fully get implemented?

1 Like

Successfully updated several color bulbs from 1.2.0.364 to 1.2.0.414 and several color bulbs from 1.2.0.403 to 1.2.0.414 using Android beta app v2.25.16. Good job fixing the firmware update process issues. :+1: Will let you know if I encounter firmware issues…

3 Likes

Just did the update no major issues. I did have 1 bubl which showed no connection, simply unplugged the lamp for 30 seconds then plugged back in, did the update and worked fine. 7 color bulbs updated successfully.

:+1:

2 Likes

5 bulbs under bulk update - lookin good to go!

2 Likes

Hi! New to the beta, but excited about the Sun Match. Question, though: The sun match seems to be in the wrong time-zone. I have a ‘home’ set, complete with my address, but I start to see it sunsetting around 11am, and when I get up in the morning (at 5am, pitch black outside), it appears to be fully bright, midday glow. Is this something I can adjust?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

@Yichen - 1.2.0.415 was pushed out today, but no beta announcement.

4 Likes

Interesting, I am updating my bulbs now. Curious what it corrects or adds.

Question, if you know, is Wyze discontinuing the regular bulbs and only going to offer the Color? Asking because the Wyze store only shows Color Bulbs now.

Me too. I’m going to update one bulb now and give it a day. :grinning:

I don’t know. :confused:

:slight_smile: I updated 7 bulbs. I had to power off one waited a bit then turned it back on, then it updated cleanly.

1 Like

I updated 2 and both went well. Not sure what was changed… don’t see anything new.

2 Likes

Based on the version number small difference from one to the next, I’d say some verrrry minor change. Updating now and checking.

3 Likes

I don’t see any real difference. I do see that when you slide through the color wheel, the bulb color seems to change faster. Although, that could be just my imagination. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed, a single small increment like that indicates just a minor subroutine update to fix a small bug. Almost definitely not adding anything new.

2 Likes

It does feel a bit faster - good catch! Now they just need to add back the numerical kelvin value when you change the temp. I only see that occasionally and its was awesome for us OCD people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yea, I would also like to see the Hex Value of the color as I am scrolling through it so that I can pick the same color for when I set the bulbs up individually in a Rule.

3 Likes

I notice that the Sun Match feature now reflects accurately my timezone, which is great! I also notice, though, that it seems to compete with the Sunrise/Wake Up feature, and so the colour temperature bounces back and forth a little. Not sure the best way to merge the two, but maybe let the Sunrise win until it meets the Sun Match? Overall, I like the update; just some interesting cross-feature occurrences.

1 Like

Been running for 2 nights and a day with no anomalies encountered. Some bulbs are in groups, some standalone, all are on rules/schedules, some complex. Going to update the rest of my color bulbs to the latest 1.2.0.415.

2 Likes

I’ve had really good luck, I’ve upgraded all of mine now and everything seems to be going good, some of them in group some of them not and everything is smooth as a sail so far

3 Likes

Same here… all of mine are running the latest as of this morning. I updated some from the bulb’s Device Settings > Firmware Version, some were updated individually from Account > Firmware Update and this morning’s updates were a bulk update from Account > Firmware Update. The only update paths I didn’t test were from the pop-up notice and I’m out of bulbs to update. :grinning: No issues to report.

3 Likes