Wyze Bulb Available In Early Access!

Alexa recognizes my group name I set in alexa.
If you are having trouble Disable the wise skill and then re enable it That works For problems a lot of the time

Yes the Wyze Bulb will turn on with a switch and in order to program it you need to turn the switch on / off 3 times in order to put the bulb into program mode. You will see it go dim then brighter to show you its in program mode.
Very easy to set up and use

1 Like

Got my bulbs as well, haven’t installed yet.

Any idea when bulbs will be available again? Your price is hella right! :slight_smile:

Starts tomorrow official Wyze bulb launch for all. Shop through the Wyze app.

Nice! Question asked, question answered. Thank you very much. Cheers!

Actually, that did work, thanks for the suggestion. Alexa didn’t actually confirm it “discovered devices,” but after enabling/disabling the Wyze skill in the Alexa app (on both my phone and my ipad) a time or two, magically the group name became recognized by Alexa. Very cool!

1 Like

@prestonjezek
The AMA is on YouTube.
You can check it here : 9Apps VidMate.vin
thank me later :stuck_out_tongue:

Older question - but clearer answer for anyone who comes across this (like me).

The app actually walks you through the steps very smoothly. Once you install the light, you will turn the light off and on three times. The light will start fluctuating, and it will enter configuration mode. In the app, you will choose the option to add a new device, and choose light bulb. The app will then verify your home’s WiFi credentials, and ask you to disconnect from your home network. It will then instruct you to log into a new WiFi network (broadcast from the bulb), which then gives the bulb your home’s WiFi credentials and setup configuration. After about half a minute, the bulb power-cycles and joins your home network. Your phone will automatically reconnect to your home’s WiFi, and the app will ask you to name the new device. (it may also ask you to upgrade the bulbs firmware).

It really is easy, and I’ve only ever had one problem with getting this to work. One tip I recommend is setting the bulb up near the WiFi router/AP for a strong signal, then moving it to your desired location. Not only will this setup be quicker, it eliminates potential issues (especially when upgrading the firmware).

Anyways, hope this helps someone out there. =D

4 Likes

Thanks for the clear write-up! Great job. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, does it works with 220v?

@gdemattos Welcome! Yes, Wyze bulb will work with 220v. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For some reason I feel compelled to keep ordering every launch, I haven’t even opened up my Wyze Sense yet, but here I am ordering bulbs that I don’t really need… My plan is to use the wyze sense motion thingy in my half bath with wyze bulbs. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I am the same way, I really like the Wyze products, the clean looks, and the way the products work. They are simply great !
So I find myself buying all the products Wyze team makes and I highly recommend them to all my friends and family.
Keep up the good work and I will always buy the products your putting out. I am a early adopter to everything. Now to put in the Wyze plugs when they come in. (◍•ᴗ•◍):heart:.
Brian

2 Likes

It’s nice, but I need a color changing bulb.

Hello @installvidmate02 and welcome to the community

It looks like a full-color bulb is in development, I have linked the thread below

1 Like

does it?? i have the same question

1 Like

Is the Wyze Bulb able to work with 220V?

Since the Wyze Bulbs are only sold in the US at the moment, we’ve only marketed them as 120V compliant. That being said, the electronics used are rated for use with 220V, and should work without issue.

5 Likes

It’s nice, but I need a color changing bulb.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to us having that ready later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes