Wyze Bulb: Auto Recovery after power outage

@cgclark1331 We received the logs, thank you so much! But we got two logs and you mentioned that it worked after the latest update and then stoped working again. So we were wondering if you could perform the rules you set again with the latest firmware version and if it fails, could you please submit a log right after and also let me know the log number and the timing when it fails? Really sorry for the trouble. Since we have the new version, we would really need your help again with the exact time when this happens. Thank you so much and sorry for the inconvenience.

Not sure how to perform the rules. They work when we enter a room and trigger the motion sensor. Obvously, it no longer works,

It hasnā€™t worked all day. Same condition as when I sent you the logs this morning,

Not sure which log was which but the Basement Cam and attached sensors, etc., seem to be working now,

2005 Hrs #29770

puppy Potty Cam and associated sensors, bulbs, rules, etc., still not working,

I may have figured out the issue. I noted the light on the bridge was yellow. Not blue. Even after power cycling the camera and bridge a few times. I pulled the bridge then reinserted it and the light turned blue and all started working again.

I only caught this by accident but it really shouldnā€™t be happening in the first place. Just one more step to remember in the future when power is lost or a firmware update is applied.

Thank you so much for the info! Thatā€™s really helps us look into the problem!

Now what? Everything was working when I went to bed last night. This morning, none of the sensors/rules work. Have to manually turn lights on and off with the app. We had no power outages or other maladies overnight.

Rebooted camera and turned rules off/on, all to no avail. Problem at your end I suspect, yes?

All LEDā€™s blue on camera and bridge. Please advise.

Tagging Tina here! @TinaC

Hi Chris, weā€™re sorry for the trouble. Weā€™ve received similar reports and are suspecting that this has something to do with the AWS maintenance last night. Weā€™ve worked with AWS to resolve the problem already, All the devices will pick up the services over these two days. Please do let me know if your sensors still canā€™t work this weekend, thank you.

1 Like

Some of the devices came back up but all my outlets are off line and I do not know how to get them back. They are all working lights in the basement and out of reach. I will hate to have to go around, AGAIN, and reinstall each and every one of them. They work most of the downstairs lights via rules. Currently, their blue LEDā€™S are blinking and the app says they are offline.

How do I get them back? Easily??!?

It would be very helpful if Wyze put out an email to its customers when something like this happens rather than leaving us in the dark and save us the irritation of rebooting, reinstalling, power-cycling all the devices trying to get things working again.

1 Like

Still no outlets.

Chris

Iā€™m on it, Chris! Iā€™ll let our engineers look into your plugs!

Thanks.

There was just yet another camera firmware update. Thatā€™s three in recent history. Can you explain the purpose and provide details?

My outlets are still off line, caused by the previous firmware update. Is todayā€™s update meant to address this issue?

1 Like