Wyze Buds Pro Right Side Not Working

The wyze buds pro has been working for about a year no problem. Now the right side does not work. It does not charge and it gets really hot when trying to charge it. Any suggestion/help?

1 Like

Review this thread:

Maybe it will help. OP claims he fixed problems with his this way. It may or may not work the same for you, but it is something worth looking at.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem as the thread creator as of yesterday; my right ear bud becomes unusually warm in the case while charging, especially around the touch area. After 5 minutes of charging the left will be about ~80F while the right is ~112F, then hotter. Unlike the shared link, I don’t have sound quality issues.

The behavior started yesterday while I was using the left earbud individually and the right was in the case. When I went to pick it up I noticed the whole case had heated up. For context, the case itself wasn’t on a charger and both the case and earbuds had been charged two days prior and not used. That stood out to me because the right earbud had been alone in the case and the case had drained far enough to go from green to orange.

I left the buds out of the case and checked battery levels this morning: the left was still relatively high, the right was a bit lower which it shouldn’t have been, but not significantly. The case, that was almost drained.

Since then I’ve unpaired the buds pro, performed two factory resets, and charged the case to full individually. I checked temps with an infrared thermometer on the case and it never exceeded ~85F, mostly at the plug. When placing the earbuds in for 5 minutes I attained the initial temps above (~80F L, ~112F R).

After 10 minutes the case is now 92F on the right side. The earbuds are ~92F L, ~122 R. When placed individually the L earbud barely changes temp while charging, the R earbuds heats up.

I’ve used a dry cotton swab to clean the internal pogo pins of any possible debris, see no obstructions on the earbuds, and even removed the ear tips to ensure they sat as flat as possible in the case.

Finally, the charge levels for the earbuds and case after 10 minutes (starting at 100% case) are L: 100%, R: 74%, C: 71%. With only 30 minutes of use on the left bud and 10 minutes charging between the last time all three were full, I suspect the right earbud has a short somewhere in the power management chip that’s draining while charging.

I’ve also observed that, if the R earbud is removed first and connects to my phone, it’ll lose connection eventually, while the left maintains when first and relays to the right fine. If not the charge circuitry, it could be a failure elsewhere in the device causing it to oscillate between off/on/charge/pairing.

edit: to add, they’reI’m having the same problem as the thread creator as of yesterday; my right ear bud becomes unusually warm in the case while charging, especially around the touch area. After 5 minutes of charging the left will be about ~80F while the right is ~112F.

The behavior started yesterday while I was using the left earbud individually and the right was in the case. When I went to pick it up I noticed the whole case had heated up. For context,t he case itself wasn’t on a charger and both the case and earbuds had been charged two days prior. That stood out to me because the right earbud had been alone in the case and the case had drained far enough to go from green to orange.

It’s not clear where the fault is. I left the buds out of the case and checked battery levels this morning: the left was still relatively high, the right was a bit lower which it shouldn’t have been, but not significantly. The case, that was almost drained.

Since then unpaired the buds pro, performed two factory resets, and charged the case to full individually. I checked temps with an infrared thermometer on the case and it never exceeded ~85F, mostly at the plug. When placing the earbuds in for 5 minutes I attained the initial temps above (~80F L, ~112F R).

After 10 minutes the case is now 92F on the right side. The earbuds are ~92F L, ~122 R. When placed individually the L earbud barely changes temp while charging, while the R earbuds heats up.

I’ve used a dry cotton swab to clean the internal pogo pins of any possible debris, see no obstructions on the earbuds, and even removed the ear tips to ensure they sat as flat as possible in the case.

Finally, the charge levels for the earbuds and case after 10 minutes (with a full case) are L: 100%, R: 74%, C: 71%. With only 30 minutes of use on the left bud and 10 minutes charging between the last time all three were full, I suspect the right earbud has a short somewhere in the power management chip that’s draining while charging.

I’ve also observed that, if the R earbud is removed first and connects to my phone, it’ll lose connection eventually, while the left maintains when first and relays to the right fine. If not the charge circuitry, it could be a failure elsewhere in the device causing it to oscillate between off/on/charge/pairing.re a preorder unit, received in August 2021, with fairly regular use as a daily headset for some short morning calls. No charging or performance issues until now.