Wyze Buds/Buds Pro Needs Dual Bluetooth Device Connection Desperately!

The Buds Pros would be fantastic if they just had Dual Bluetooth Device Connection. My Wyze headphones have this and it’s great being able to receive a call from my phone while I use the headphones with my computer.

Anyone else find this a necessary software (hopefully that’s all it takes) upgrade?

I’m not sure but I think this might be a hardware limitation. Otherwise, I don’t see why they wouldn’t have enabled this from the start. If that’s the case, then this might be more of a Wyze Buds Pro v2 wishlist thread.

If this is a hardware limitation, it would be nice if Wyze could comment and let us know. I would buy a v2 just to have multiple device connectivity as OP describes.

1 Like

me 3! :+1:t2:

Another one here. This is a serious limitation of many of the Sony buds/headphones and yet Jabra and others make this easy as can be.

1 Like

Yes! I just switched from Jabras and forgot that other devices don’t have a dual connection. I just spent an hour trying to figure out why I couldn’t connect to my computer. This is the first thing issue that has caused me to consider returning them.

I just found this out: the wyzebuds pro (with the current firmware from last year) DOES LET YOU PAIR/SWITCH MULTIPLE DEVICES!! I assume Wyze never officially released the info (or they are wanting to built it into the echosystem a bit more elegantly), but if you pair your headset to multiple devices (using the standard pairing method) you long press both earbuds and you will hear a chime and the headset will disconnect from one device and switch to the other automatically. I have tested it between my macbook pro and my iphone and it works great. Literally found this out this morning.

WYZE, WHY YOU HIDE THIS INFO FROM US?!?!?!

I want to be able to use my Wyze Buds for work. But it would wicked awesome to be able to stay connected to both my phone and my laptop at the same time. The Wyze buds use Bluetooth 5 which based on my limited research could allow Bluetooth multipoint and have multiple connections.

Thank you!

Please add multipoint (two simultaneous device pairings) to Buds Pro. You can’t put it on the Buds, Headphones and not the Buds Pro. Update that firmware and I’m buying them immediately. In fact, is there a way I can be alerted when this happens?

5 Likes

I completely agree!! Bluetooth Multipoint is a key sell point for me. I have a work (iPhone) and personal (Android) phone and my Plantonics Bluetooth has it and it’s great. I wish more product came equipt with it. I really wanted to purchase the Buds Pro but until they have Bluetooth Multipoint I’m going to have to pass and keep searching.

6 Likes

Just wanted to bump this. Multipoint bluetooth would be a total game changer. I recently purchased Jlab’s JBuds Air Pro True Wireless Earbuds ($60) and I love the fact that they are one of the few ear buds that have multipoint bluetooth.

Many of us have iPhones and use a windows based laptop for work and there are very few earbuds that let you transition back and forth seamless between the two. The Jbuds air pros allow you to do this. However, that product could be a lot better. I wish wyze would add this to their wyze buds pro because it would be a far superior product and I think make them the best ear buds on the market. Having owned many wyze products, I know that if wyze were to incorporate this they would execute it very well.

4 Likes

After a series of great purchases and expecting this capability without question from the Buds Pro I’m super disappointed. These are almost useless for me if I cannot use them for my Zoom calls and phone calls. I was hoping to upgrade from my Aeropex headset since I had a great experience with the Wyze headphones, but need something smaller with transparency capabilities.

4 Likes

As I sit here in Starbucks, cruising the web on my chromebook and with my phone present. It would be awesome if I didn’t have to switch headsets when a call comes in while I am on YouTube or any other internet site. This would be a game changer.

2 Likes