WYZE Buds Pro - First Impression

Below is a quick overview with some side by side items comparing the WYZE Buds Pro to the Echo Buds Gen2. I compared these two devices because of price (I am a middle of the road kinda guy when it comes to headphone spending) and features.

WYZE Buds Pro - $59.99
Echo Buds 2nd Gen - $89.99

But my overall consumer response to these two products in preference for MUSIC LISTENING are;

Ear Fit - Echo Buds 2nd Gen - They just fit in my ear better. The silicon tips shape to my ear much better than the WBPs. I am going to see if I can find a larger pair of silicon tips that have an oval shaped connector. I really thought I would dislike the mic that hangs out of your ear with the WBPs, but it was a non-factor for me, the WYZE Buds Pro are comfortable and they never fell out of my ear during low impact and high impact exercising or daily movement nor do the Echo Buds, but the tips just seal better inside of my ear on the Echo Buds.

Comfort - WYZE Buds Pro - While the WBPs are just a little lighter 0.19 to .20 oz. The WBPs feel lighter in the ear, not like they are crammed in to stay. Almost like they are not there.

Sound Quality - WYZE Buds Pro - The sound is rich, the Bass is well heard, and the highs are sharp and the WBPs have outstanding volume. The Echo Buds lack the same clarity, which surprised me even with the ear fit… and I felt as if the Echo Buds our performed the Galaxy Buds +

Active Noise Cancelling - Echo Buds 2nd Gen (at this time) - are better… I think this is a factor of the silicon tips. I will revisit if I can find a larger oval shaped replacement I plan to revisit. By the way my WYZE Heaphones are the best in this category. Not buds, but best noise canceling from what I own.WYZE Headphones (My Silence)

Features: Really kind of Neutral here. I like the find my device feature of the Echo Buds, but I’ve not needed it, I like the Adaptive EQ of the WYZE Buds because I set that in my music applications. The active listening assistant on the Echo Buds is cool, but it drains your battery fast, so it got turned off to conserve life span. The side tone feature of the Echo buds is something I will not use, I do not need to hear my own voice and am sometimes sorry for those that have to hear me speak :slight_smile:

All in all the Sound Quality and comfort are my big determining factors, so I will be using my WYZE Buds Pro the most… when I have an opportunity to run them through some Virtual Meetings, Possibly Gaming, and phone calls I will update accordingly.

Hardware WYZE Buds Pro Echo Buds Gen 2
Speakers 10mm dynamic driver 5.7mm dynamic driver
Active Noise Cancelling Yes, 40dB hybrid active noise canceling through 2 feedback microphones and 2 feed-forward microphones Yes, Unknown details
Microphones 6 Microphone Voice System (3 in each bud) 3 per earbud: 2 external beamforming microphones + 1 internal microphone
Durability IPX4 sweat and weather resistant IPX4 (splash resistant)
Charging USB-C / Wireless USB-C /Wireless
Battery Life Buds Pro: Up to 4.5 hours on a single charge with ANC on, 6 hours with ANC off.
Buds Pro + Case: Up to 18 hours of total charge with ANC on, 24 hours with ANC off.
Quick Charge: 15 minutes in the case provides up to 1 hour of playback.
Up to 5 hours music playback on a single charge with ANC and Hands-Free Alexa. 15 hours total with the charging case.
Up to 6.5 hours music playback on a single charge without ANC and Hands-Free Alexa. 19.5 hours total with the charging case.
Up to 4 hours call time on a single charge. Up to 12 hours call time with the charging case.
Up to 2 hours music playback time with 15-minute quick charge.
Features WYZE Buds Pro Echo Buds Gen 2
Assistant Access Siri, Bixby, Alexa (Coming Soon) - Must be activated via touch control Siri, Google Assist, Alexa - Option for Active listening (more battery consumption)
Sound Modes Active Noise Cancelling, Transparency Mode, All Off Active Noise Cancelling, Transparency Mode, All Off
Equalizer Adaptive EQ to automatically adjust the sound Customizable EQ with
Find My Device No Yes in Alexa App
Side Tone (Hear you own voice on call) No Yes in Alexa App
Touch Controls Customizable (1, 2, and 3 taps) Customizable (1, 2, 3 taps and Long Touch)
Customizable fit 4 sizes of ear tips 4 sizes of ear tips and 2 sizes of wing tips
4 Likes