WYZE Buds Pro - First Impression

Well that is what concerns me! I am a fellow big eared human!!!

2 Likes

BTW, using them in-general on Bluetooth… I’m immediately impressed, I called my wife while she was using her pair (we bought a pair for each of us) and the microphone sounds amazing! The sound is impressive too. They are good headphones I think…

My only negative is they are hard to get out of the case… I can’t seem to grab them right.

2 Likes

I think an @mavens is needed to raise our community helpers.

I agree with hard to remove from the case When you ty to hold it you close the lid, or at least that is what happens to me, Same thing happens with my Echo Buds Gen 2.

But I do like the sleek design of the case compared to many others. Better fit for your pocket. Slim.

1 Like

I am not on the beta app. I tried turning off WiFi. I disconnected all BT devices, and turned off other BT devices like the watch and floor lamp. Same issue.

I also agree with the difficulty of getting them out.

I was able to connect to BT directly, and they do sound good. Noise cancelling worked really well for the limited testing I did.

I have an Android device.

1 Like

I pre-ordered and received them today obviously.

App v.2.23.21 on Pixel 3 XL - Android 12 Beta.

I’m learning how to get them out a little quicker now. Not a deal breaker, just an aesthetic/tactile thing.

For those who have gotten them to work, has anyone compared them head to head with any other common earbuds? Airpod pros or Earfun Air Pro would be logical comparisons! The Earfuns are very similarly specced and $20 more (but no wireless charging case) and are very highly reviewed at RTINGS, one of the only quantitative audio review sites out there. EarFun Air Pro True Wireless Review - RTINGS.com

Very good point. I do not have Apple things around to compare them too. I have used Jabra 75t’s (?) and a $60 pair of Boltunes…

These are better than both of those, no question.

I made a thread for the connection error issue and workaround.

2 Likes

More on First impressions:

I did a 5 mile interval run this morning. 81 degrees, SW 10MPH Wind, and Humidity at 82%
And even though I feel like the buds don’t seal well, the buds stayed in place and I was a sweaty mess. I never once felt like they were going to fall out of my ears.

The sound quality was very good even with the wind.

Touch Controls: out of my experience with wireless ear buds and headphones the transition moving forward to a new song (double tap for me) is much smoother than my Echo Buds Gen 2 and Galaxy Buds+ it’s almost instant, no cracking, no audible tone to indicate the skip to a new song (I personally prefer no audible notification of song repeat or skip)

Not once did I get any Bluetooth skipping

For what it’s worth I primarily use Amazon Music Unlimited HD for my music listening.

5 Likes

Thanks. I will see what mine does when it comes in.

Sound is great on mine, but for noise cancellation makes me nauseous. But that has always been the case for me on every noise cancellation product.

1 Like

Thanks or joining the party @WyzeBaohua

I also started a thread here for the App connection issue.

2 Likes

From @goodifrun who was working with support in the other thread

Just FYI, from support “Please try re-adding the device to your app since this was already fixed by our engineering team. MY sincere apologies though if you are experiencing this issue as it impacted all Android users due to a cloud issue.”

Thank you for passing on info @goodifrun

2 Likes

Wore the WBPs during a “Gym” Workout today.

Area of note, they did not fallout while doing crunches and sit-ups, nor did they fall out bench pressing.

They did get snagged taking my shirt off… I have not had that issue with any of my other buds simply because they do not have the extension piece coming off of them like the WBPs do.

So far I am pretty impressed, and off the cuff… they are standing tall with the Echo Buds 2nd Gen… More to come on that.

2 Likes

Below is a quick overview with some side by side items comparing the WYZE Buds Pro to the Echo Buds Gen2. I compared these two devices because of price (I am a middle of the road kinda guy when it comes to headphone spending) and features.

WYZE Buds Pro - $59.99
Echo Buds 2nd Gen - $89.99

But my overall consumer response to these two products in preference for MUSIC LISTENING are;

Ear Fit - Echo Buds 2nd Gen - They just fit in my ear better. The silicon tips shape to my ear much better than the WBPs. I am going to see if I can find a larger pair of silicon tips that have an oval shaped connector. I really thought I would dislike the mic that hangs out of your ear with the WBPs, but it was a non-factor for me, the WYZE Buds Pro are comfortable and they never fell out of my ear during low impact and high impact exercising or daily movement nor do the Echo Buds, but the tips just seal better inside of my ear on the Echo Buds.

Comfort - WYZE Buds Pro - While the WBPs are just a little lighter 0.19 to .20 oz. The WBPs feel lighter in the ear, not like they are crammed in to stay. Almost like they are not there.

Sound Quality - WYZE Buds Pro - The sound is rich, the Bass is well heard, and the highs are sharp and the WBPs have outstanding volume. The Echo Buds lack the same clarity, which surprised me even with the ear fit… and I felt as if the Echo Buds our performed the Galaxy Buds +

Active Noise Cancelling - Echo Buds 2nd Gen (at this time) - are better… I think this is a factor of the silicon tips. I will revisit if I can find a larger oval shaped replacement I plan to revisit. By the way my WYZE Heaphones are the best in this category. Not buds, but best noise canceling from what I own.WYZE Headphones (My Silence)

Features: Really kind of Neutral here. I like the find my device feature of the Echo Buds, but I’ve not needed it, I like the Adaptive EQ of the WYZE Buds because I set that in my music applications. The active listening assistant on the Echo Buds is cool, but it drains your battery fast, so it got turned off to conserve life span. The side tone feature of the Echo buds is something I will not use, I do not need to hear my own voice and am sometimes sorry for those that have to hear me speak :slight_smile:

All in all the Sound Quality and comfort are my big determining factors, so I will be using my WYZE Buds Pro the most… when I have an opportunity to run them through some Virtual Meetings, Possibly Gaming, and phone calls I will update accordingly.

Hardware WYZE Buds Pro Echo Buds Gen 2
Speakers 10mm dynamic driver 5.7mm dynamic driver
Active Noise Cancelling Yes, 40dB hybrid active noise canceling through 2 feedback microphones and 2 feed-forward microphones Yes, Unknown details
Microphones 6 Microphone Voice System (3 in each bud) 3 per earbud: 2 external beamforming microphones + 1 internal microphone
Durability IPX4 sweat and weather resistant IPX4 (splash resistant)
Charging USB-C / Wireless USB-C /Wireless
Battery Life Buds Pro: Up to 4.5 hours on a single charge with ANC on, 6 hours with ANC off.
Buds Pro + Case: Up to 18 hours of total charge with ANC on, 24 hours with ANC off.
Quick Charge: 15 minutes in the case provides up to 1 hour of playback.
Up to 5 hours music playback on a single charge with ANC and Hands-Free Alexa. 15 hours total with the charging case.
Up to 6.5 hours music playback on a single charge without ANC and Hands-Free Alexa. 19.5 hours total with the charging case.
Up to 4 hours call time on a single charge. Up to 12 hours call time with the charging case.
Up to 2 hours music playback time with 15-minute quick charge.
Features WYZE Buds Pro Echo Buds Gen 2
Assistant Access Siri, Bixby, Alexa (Coming Soon) - Must be activated via touch control Siri, Google Assist, Alexa - Option for Active listening (more battery consumption)
Sound Modes Active Noise Cancelling, Transparency Mode, All Off Active Noise Cancelling, Transparency Mode, All Off
Equalizer Adaptive EQ to automatically adjust the sound Customizable EQ with
Find My Device No Yes in Alexa App
Side Tone (Hear you own voice on call) No Yes in Alexa App
Touch Controls Customizable (1, 2, and 3 taps) Customizable (1, 2, 3 taps and Long Touch)
Customizable fit 4 sizes of ear tips 4 sizes of ear tips and 2 sizes of wing tips
4 Likes

Today I gave the ANC a workout mowing the lawn on my lawn tractor that has dual blades, Switching between the Wyze Buds Pro and Echo Buds Gen 2. While there was obvious noise cancelling with both Wyze Buds Pro and the Echo Buds… the Echo Buds drained more of the tractor and blade noise.

Not convinced this still isn’t an issue with my ear size and the provided tips.

I have started the hunt for a set of replacement tips…a set that does not add to much of a cost for an outstanding pair and priced set of ANC headphones.

The woes of a large eared person I guess.

Captured on WCO.

1 Like

I received mine yesterday, haven’t had too much time, but initial impression are great! Noise cancellation is these is more impressive than I had assumed. Yes, the Wyze Headphones are better, but there is a lot more there to block out noise to begin with…

I agree with needing to figure out how to get them in and out of the case, but I don’t think I have any other comments for now. Battery life and use with different devices (laptop, phones, tv etc.) is up next!

1 Like

The Buds may be hard to pull out because they have a magnet in them to help hold the contacts secure while charging. Just flip the buds towards the outside to the left and right, pivoting on their ear tip. The ear tip should be the last thing to come out. Should be pretty easy to extract them then. Don’t try to pull straight up, roll them out to the right & left.

5 Likes

In my opinion its more the case and less the buds. Yes the lid is clicky and opens well. But holding the case open with one hand and pulling the buds out with the other is the challenge. The (in my case) left hand shuts the case while pulling the buds out… big ears and big hands :joy:.

A scenario I have with most cases, echo buds gen 2 and galaxy buds + as well. They just tend to close easily when extracting the buds. Nothing a little extra attention does not fix.

But the wyze bud pro case is the best so far, nice shape slim design and fits well in the pocket.

1 Like

I’ll try that, thanks for the tip!

2 Likes