Wyze Bathroom scale

This was my thought too… that being said, I love the company and the current scale I have is horrible… like the cheapest possible analog model so I’ll probably buy it to support Wyze. The fact that they aren’t pulling away people from other teams working on things I’m far more interested in from Wyze has me less bothered, and thereby willing to support. One ecosystem is great, and likelihood that as these sorts of products like the scale become more widespread I’ll probably buy one is pretty high, so might as well just get the jump on it.

That and for a company like this, that is so consumer focused I’ll give them a pass on a lot if they have passion. Betting this scale is someone’s passion project since it seems so out of left field.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s not quite as “smart home” related, but they explained here that they had an opportunity with a manufacturing partner. My understanding is that it’s based on existing hardware, which cuts down on cost and development time.

I also speculated here that it might be part of a larger expansion or into wearables or health-related products. If so, those products might interact with each other in interesting ways, even if it doesn’t make as much sense for a scale to interact with, say, lights or cameras.

1 Like

(JOKINGLY)

there is a way if they made a full color spectrum light bulb to work the wise scale into home automation. If You gain weight, your house will use nothing but red light (wyze bulbs)until you lose that weight again lol

4 Likes

I made a similar joke here. Haha.

5 Likes

We are both maven’s for reasons like that. :slight_smile:. Great thought path!

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Loving the scale

A post was split to a new topic: Scale results calculations

Beta testing for the scale is complete, therefore this topic is being closed.