Hi there I’m posting this after a long week of researching in this forum as well as trial and error about this issue and other similar connectivity problems.
I recently purchased 3 Wyze Cam outdoor - starter bundles, each comes with a base station.
I could never complete successfully the setup of any of the three base stations. Here is what happened every time with all of them:
- connected the base station directly to the router (Deco X60)
- powered the base station
- light indicator went from orange to flashing blue
- waited for the solid blue light
expected: light indicator stays solid blue
actual result: the light became solid blue for about 10 seconds and then went back to flashing blue, the base station could not be found by the Wyze app
What I have tried
- Made sure to not have any active firewall or VPN
- Disable other Deco routers in the home to make sure it could connect to only one router
- Disabled 5GHz connection in the router
- Disabled security options in the router
- Disabled Beamforming feature in the router
- Disabled Fast Roaming feature in the router
- Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.255, I don’t have any other .200 subnet mask
- Tried to manually update the firmware to the July version as recommended here
- Tried the Wi-Fi setup with QR code but the only Wyze wifi option I found required a password
Tried all of this with each of the three base stations to rule out any hardware specific problem.
The other router
After a week have passed trying all sort of suggestions I have found in this forum I gave up and brought the Cameras back to my other home. There I do not have the Deco X60 router instead I have a TP-Link Archer C5.
To my surprise all three base stations worked right on the first try. Solid blue, no issues.
Is there any configuration I’m missing on my Deco X60 routers? Anyone here happen to have the same router and Outdoor cameras working fine?