Wyze Band Sleep Accuracy

I’ve had the band about two weeks now. I know it’s early, but I wanted to compare notes with others over what you feel about the accuracy of the band so far.

I have been wearing a Fitbit Charge 2, for 2 to 3 years now. I use it mostly for sleep tracking.

After charging the band for this first (and so far, only) time, I put it on and moved the Fitbit to my other arm. So far both bands come fairly close in their step counts. They’re usually off by about a couple hundred per day. However, they report vastly different sleep times. The Wyze typically shows about 30 to 40 minutes more sleep per night. I sleep about 5.5 hours a night, so that’s significant.

I realize the Wyze Band is new and costs Much less, but if I can’t rely on fairly accurate information, what value does any device have?

I’m not saying the wise band is off, I don’t know which band might be.

One of the things I prefer about the Fitbit though, is the app. You have the ability to edit your info. For instance, if the app says I went to bed at 3 a.m., but I know I went to bed at 2:30 a.m. I can edit that.

Psychologically, I like that the wyze band shows that I’ve slept longer. However my body tends to agree with the Fitbit.

Besides the battery life, another thing I prefer with the Wyze band is the form factor. I barely notice it on my wrist.

I’m not a fan of the Alexa integration though. It takes far too long to activate it, imo. True, Fitbit doesn’t have Alexa…

4 Likes

I have a Fitbit charge 2 as well and I have noticed the same thing about the sleep tracking after using it for 2 day/nights. Fitbit is definitely more accurate. I know when I go to sleep and wake up and Fitbit for the most part accurately identifies those times. The hours will be less because of restlessness but the sleep and wake up times are usually spot on with Fitbit.

Wyze band is off by 30-45 minutes. It seems to think I wake up later than I actually do. I agree that adding the ability to edit the wake and/or sleep times would be very useful to fix that. However, it’s probably going to be off on a consistent basis if it’s something that can’t be fixed so you would be editing it every night which might be a waste of time unfortunately.

You might want to change your topic title to wyze band sleep tracking accuracy.

Ok. But I’d still like people to pipe in about steps and heart rate, just to compare notes.

About the sleep monitoring, I’m always having to edit with Fitbit too. I monitor my sleep\wake times with a Wyze Cam, and my Fitbit gets the sleep start times way off, regularly.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you wanted to compare steps and heart rate accuracy too. Your original topic title would work then. I thought you wanted to discuss specifically sleep tracking.

My step count accuracy is questionable on my band. Fitbit charge 2 shows 2500-3500 more steps than the wyze band. I think Fitbit gives me steps sometimes when I’m not even walking but that difference seems pretty big.

Edit: I found there is another thread about editing sleep times if you’re interested in discussing it.

2 Likes

I noticed the heart rate is off. Sometimes it says HR 102, but then it says HR 62 while my Fitbit Charge 2 keeps it consistent around HR 64. Weather accuracy is off as well but I noticed that just today. Temp is 80 per Google nest hub outside but it says 64 on the wyze band. It feels definitely like 80. According to another thread, you have to open up the app to update the weather which limits its usefulness.

2 Likes

I’ve too noticed that when I wake up, the sleep appears accurate…but if I happen to “look at my phone” or “watch morning news” while still in bed… the band continues to add on sleep. I had hoped that by unlocking watch and looking at sleep - this would “stop” the sleep counter. Am I missing a way to shut off sleep function? I don’t think syncing it with Wyze app stops it either? I don’t want to jump out of bed and stay upright just to stop the tracker if I don’t have too! (Sounds lazy but I like to wake early but slowly) Hopefully this will be addressed in later watch updates.

1 Like

Yesterday it showed I slept 6.5 hours. About 5 hours later, I took a nap for about an hour. After I woke the band said I had slept 12 hours, but later it went back to 6.5 hours, missing my nap.

I’ve had mine for about 2 weeks. Once left it on the charger for most of the day and it registered the entire time as sleep, overriding my actual sleep time and skewing my average stats. Definitely needs the ability to edit sleep for accuracy.

The sleep part is definitely something that hopefully will be fine tuned in later updates. I’ve given up wearing it during the night.

I posted a long saga on the Wyze band for sleep. I’ve worn the band since mid Dec.2020. For sleeping, which is the most important feature for me, I’ve decided it is sometimes accurate. Every night, I pay attention to my clock to see when I turn the light out, then, check each morning to see what the Wyze band says. Most nights, I fall asleep within 5-10 mins and the band agrees. Some days, I get up, drink a coffee, then sleep again on the sofa and most of the time, the band adds it on to total sleep time, but not always. If it’s still not too late in the day, it will tend to add it on, usually showing an orange awake period, but that too is not consistent.

Right now, my aggravation is on the 30 day view, it has stopped adding the last 3 nights. On the 7 day view, it is thee. On all the other features-steps, calories, heart, workout, it is calculating all the days of April so far, but on the sleep, it has stopped ONLY on the 30 day view. I liked that to see what my average sleep time was for the month.

On the time falling asleep and wake up times, I find that part fairly accurate.