Wyze Band notifications not working

I received the Wyze Band a few days ago, and firstly, good product for so little cost.

But I’m having a little trouble getting some things to work.

1. I’m not receiving any notifications to the phone. I have enabled notifications in the Wyze app, and allowed Gmail and a couple other apps through, but notifications never seem to appear on the watch. I checked the Android settings, and all Wyze notification types are allowed.

2. Even if these notifications worked, I’m unable to enable phone or SMS notifications. I get an error saying, “This function will be available after Google Play grants the permission.”. I’m not sure where to enable that permission.

3. While I can ping the band using the “find” feature, I can’t ping the phone from the band.

These all seem to boil down to an issue with running in the background. I have a OnePlus device, which doesn’t show up in the “Running in the Background” list of phone models. I have disabled battery optimization for Wyze, but I’m not sure if there’s another setting I should alter.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit:
I do have access to the Wyze shortcuts, though, and Android does indicate that Wyze is running in the background. So this might not be the issue.

Hi, @buggaby! What app version are you using? Take a look at this thread below. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m also having the same issue with Gmail notifications not working. I added my Gmail to Outlook and they come through there but just not from the official app.

I’m running the Wyze Beta app version 2.10.32
Just noticed there was a firmware update. Ran that and still doesn’t work. Now running 1.0.6.07

Gmail notifications not working.

@sbirchfield Confirm that you have Gmail notifications turned on. I had the same issue until I allowed notification for Gmail.

I suspected there was something like that. I’m not running the beta. Happy to wait. Thanks.

1 Like

MODERATOR NOTE:

This topic has been moved to the #early-access forum category. Please keep all discussion of Early Access products here until the product(s) have been publicly released.

If an Early Access purchaser needs to join the Early Backers group, please go to the group page at the link below to request access.

https://forums.wyzecam.com/g/EarlyBackers