Wyze Band Connectivity with Background running

I am on the beta app, using Pixel 4XL, just got the latest firmware to the band and it is no longer allowing shortcuts to work if the app is closed. I know this was an issue before but was something broken again with the firmware update? Looked in the play store and there beta program does not have an update either.

Thanks.

Must have been a weird glitch because now it’s working fine even with the app closed.

Thank you. I think I’ll wait for the update. I love the watch so far, though the distance is WAY off. I usually use “walk my Dog,” which uses GPS. And I know The distance is about 1 mi. My WYZE band said it was about 1/10 of a mile or less. I’m a disabled senior, so I walk very slowly, and my dog likes to explore, so it take us an hour to do the mile, generally. That may have been the problem. But, I, too, want to leave the app running in the background, rather than open, but I can’t do it. There is no option for that. I contacted Samsung, and they sent me here. Also, does anyone know if the band is using air time? I pay as I go with Tracfone. Am I using up my minutes by leaving the app open?