Wyze Band Cloud Issue - 7/10/20

Update 7:30 PM PT - We have received confirmation that this issue is resolved and that Wyze Band activity data is syncing properly to the cloud now. Thank you for your patience.

We have identified a cloud issue that began around 7/10 and is preventing the automatic activity data sync between your Wyze Band and the cloud.

The data sync appears to be successful in the app but the information is not properly stored in the cloud. Activity data is temporarily stored on your Wyze Band so you will not lose all of your activity data due to this issue and it will become available after the next successful data sync.

We are working on the fix and are sorry for the poor experience. We will update the service status page with more information when we have it available.

4 Likes

So is that why I cannot view my recorded events? It shows a list of events. I click on any event and the message appears: Video doesn’t exist or is still being uploaded.

I’m having same problem viewing event clips via app on my V2 cams. The event icon shows up (with no thumbnail) but once clicked it gives me the same error msg “video doesn’t exist or …”. Thinking the issue is with their cloud controls and it’s affecting the cams, the band and anything else that directly interacts with their AWE cloud service. I put in a trouble report to the WYZE support staff.

I am getting the same error that there is an error that video clip doesn’t exist in the cloud or is still being uploaded. I also submitted a ticket.

I submitted one, as well. Smh

@hiserc @rainbow123trout I don’t believe that cloud issue is related to the wyze band. I get the event upload to cloud failure issue from time to time as well.

1 Like

Update 7:30 PM PT - We have received confirmation that this issue is resolved and that Wyze Band activity data is syncing properly to the cloud now. Thank you for your patience.

For everyone that was posting in this thread, that would be an unrelated issue. Are you all using the beta app/firmware or are any of you using the public release?

Event video clip not uploading to cloud.
I troubleshooting this issue I have utilized both the current App (IOS) as well as the Beta App. Problem exists with both Apps.

Neil, Sent from my iPhone

@cheaplikeafox what did you have to do to correct the event upload failure? Because at this point it is definitely defeating the purpose of purchasing Wyze

Still having issues… it is not fixed

I am unable to correct the event upload failure. I do not know the root cause of this issue.

I have the cam event upload issue and now have realized that the event video notification also does not work.
I am thinking they are coupled together somehow.
Do you also have video event notification issues?

Update 7/15/2020 7am I can now view most of my events. Smart video alerts are not able to be viewed still. But it is slowly going back to normal operation but still not all the way there.

I’ve always had delayed event notifications with Android but I don’t believe they are missing.

It has been resolved. Thank You.

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s resolved for you, @sassrph!

How’s everyone else doing? If you’re still having trouble, are you using a beta app (version 2.12 or higher)?

Gwendolyn,
As of 8AM this morning everything seems to be back to normal on my 3 cams.
Event 12 sec videos being recorded and notifications are taking place.
Thx.

1 Like

That’s very exciting news! Thanks for taking the time to tell me! :grin: