Wyze band app frozen cant delete band and start over

Hello
I’m new to this forum. My wife and I got a wyze band each and not knowing installed them under the same account for a few minutes and them mine stopped working, lost connection. I found out only one per account so she created her own account and connected her watch and hasn’t had any problems. Mine won’t connect. When I click on wyze band it opens but connecting doesn’t spin. I tap the three dots and it opens but no data. I hit remove and get error message, delete device error please try again. I’ve tried everything to get it to work. Rebooted band, phone, uninstalled app, deleted caches , changed permissions, but I cant delete band to start over. Can anyone help me with this problem? Please before I go crazy trying to figure this out.
Thanks

@mikelsdo Welcome to the community! I had a similar experience with my Bands. I tried to add two bands to one account as well. Only one Band is allowed on a single account.
I did a factory reset on the Bands and then the Band connected to my Wyze app. Go to setting on the Wyze Band and tap reset. Turn on your BT and it should pair with the Wyze app. :slightly_smiling_face:

If the error messages don’t clear. You could try updating to the Android Beta app. This should resolve the issue.

To access the Android Beta app, go to the Google play store and search for Wyze labs, scroll down a bit and tap on join the Beta. Then you can update to the latest Beta App

Thanks for your reply. I did every thing you said. Reset wifes band and connected. It back to her iPhone under her account and everything worked. On my phone I got the beta version, updated firmware, tried connecting Bluetooth and the band still shows up but won’t connect or remove. Tried adding it as a new band , it said I had to delete the previous band but it still shows error and won’t delete. PS I had already reset my band and its like it was out of the box. I’ve just got to find a way to delete it out of the app and start over. Well bedtime I will try again tomorrow. Maybe sleeping on it will give me something else to try. Thanks again!

1 Like

MODERATOR NOTE:

This topic has been moved to the #early-access forum category. Please keep all discussion of Early Access products here until the product(s) have been publicly released.

Today I removed the SD card thinking maybe the wyze app uses it for retaining user info. I still cant delete the band out and start over. I sent in a second issue report and still haven’t received a reply back. Anybody got any ideas about what else I can try?
It’s like the band is half installed and the band connection page is still stuck and not spinning trying to connect.

Well here we are in September and i still can’t use my wyze band. No follow up from support. None of the updates resolved my issue. I guess i threw away 25.00. So disappointed in wyze.

Mike, I would recommend deleting the Wyze app (don’t worry, your settings are saved to your account) and go get the latest version of the app from the app store. See if doing that lets you remove the band in which you can re-add it. Also, make sure you don’t have multiple versions of the app installed at the same time (beta and latest release for example) as one might interfere with the other.

Thanks but I’ve uninstalled again and the band won’t connect or delete. I have the beta app. I’ve tried absolutely everything I can think of. Even though i delete the app and reinstall it retains the settings that keeps me from deleting the band or reinstalling. That’s one thing that tick’s me off. Uninstalling an app doesn’t erase everything. I think my whole account needs to be deleted and just let me start over again. Thanks again.

Maybe @WyzeGwendolyn can help you. Seems at this point 3 months and the issue isn’t resolved, Gwendolyn might be generous enough to take a look at whats going on. Do you have your support ticket number?

Ticket# 566352
She got involved when I first had the problem. Still no results. Wyze contacted me telling me to try all the things I’ve already tried more than a dozen times and that was all the help I got. It cant be resolved on my end. Its up to wyze to solve the problem and they haven’t so I’ve pretty much given up. Seems they have to many new gadgets coming out to worry with my problem. I used to like wyze but not so much now.
Thank you, if you can help I’d appreciate it.

Use force stop in your app settings of phone.
You will be able to reassign the app to a new band.