Wyze Band and Alexa (Sorry, I didn't understand...)

Just got my Wyze Band today. Everything is setup, but I am having a hard time with Alexa. I’ve tried simple questions like “Can you hear me?” and “What’s the weather?”, The display always shows “Sorry, I didn’t understand, please try again,” My phone is running blue tooth, Alexa app and Wyze app. I asked the same questions on my phone’s Alexa app and get answers. Not sure if I am doing something wrong in the setup or perhaps it’s a software bug.
Thanks.

1 Like

Alexa works on mine, sort of. I tell it to turn lights off and it does, but responds with “Sorry, I didn’t understand, please try again” although it clearly understood the command.

1 Like

Just got mine today. Ran a firmware update right away, but happening on mine also - exactly as you describe.

Mine was also doing the action, but then saying Sorry, I didn’t understand.

Since yesterday, the strange message that comes up is “An empty caption”.

[Mod edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Could everyone having this issue please submit log files to Wyze through the app, then reply in this thread with your ticket number?

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. You can submit a log from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

The “An empty caption” happens on mine when “Brief Mode” is enabled in the Alexa app.

1 Like

Thanks @rbruceporter. I was actually referring to the “Sorry, I didn’t understand” message they are receiving. Is it possible that setting is causing that error as well? I’m not an Alexa user.

I don’t think so, but I will try on mine. The empty caption message on mine goes away when I turn brief mode off, but I only occasionally see the I don’t understand message.

keep getting message"Sorry, I don’t understand. Please try again." every time I try to use alexa

1 Like

Yay! My band also came in today in spite of it still showing as being in packing. That’s OK, I have it and like it very much so far.

1 Like

does yours work with alexa?

1 Like

I noticed I have to wait until the band actually says listening, and I noticed you can’t use the Alexa “wake” word. So for instance if I would normally say: “Alexa, bathroom lights off” with the band I just say “bathroom lights off”.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, i was struggling with the Alexa usage, and now that I don’t use the wake word, works like a champ. Also, it cuts the confusion with some of the Echo devices around the house.

3 Likes

Yes it does.

1 Like

Still doesn’t work for me. I get “thinking” and then “Sorry I don’t understand, please try again”

Does the same command/question work with your other Alexa devices?

Mine keeps saying same thing also

nine also. but it still will understand some commands. lights, timer. no weather or general info

Ticket # 542374

Ticket 544662