Wyze Band 24 hour (military) time

the Wyze band is nice, but it is lacking a very simple, very normal option: 24 hour time format! Even when your phone is set to 24 hour time, the band still displays it in 12 hour (AM.PM) format - after chatting with your support, it turns out that there is no option to set it to 24 hour format. Please, in the next firmware, add this feature - it’s one of the most basic features on all 3rd party devices, and for some people, the 24 hour format is the preferred format (healthcare, aviation, ect)

2 Likes

Just got my Wyze band today… created an account in the forum to see if I was just missing the option.

This is something that is really needed.

2 Likes

yeah, such a simple, standard thing in every device I’ve ever owned - to not have it in this was a HUGE surprise … seems like a simple thing to insert into the code … I like everything about the band except that, and for me, it’s a deal-breaker - gonna return the band.
Sean

2 Likes

PLEASE… this is an absolute necessity for me, and i don’t really know why it’s taking so long to get this implemented.

cheers!

3 Likes

I second, should be an easy patch. It’s honestly killing me.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the work the team has put into the Wyze Band, it’s been great so far but the lack of this one feature is really a turn off for me so I hope it will be available soon.

1 Like

I’m back to wearing the Fitbit. Wyze band is in the drawer until this is added.
This seriously is a deal breaker. I’m ready to box it up and send it back

1 Like

dunno how they overlooked that when almost every digital clock or smart thing has had the ability to switch time formats.

2 Likes

Please add the option to switch to a 24 hour clock for Wyze band. Very useful for those in aviation, first responders, whoever uses it in their daily life. Thanks!

1 Like

I have Military time since the upgrade to Firmware version 1.0.7.44 a few days ago.
I am also on the Beta version of the Android app.
I didn’t have to do anything. It seems to take the time format from the phone. Obviously I am using military time on my phone.

2 Likes

I can confirm that Wyze Band Firmware 1.0.7.44 displays 24 hour time, as long as your Phone is set to use 24 hour (military time), there does not appear to be a separate setting so the Band displays only what is set on the phone.

I also am using the Wyze Beta App and the update to 1.0.7.44 is not available in the standard app, however I would take this as indicating that the next (maybe) public release of the Wyze App may also bring the upgrade which allows those of us that are used to a 24 hour clock to finally have it on our Wyze Bands.

So it shows that our Friends at Wyze are listening to us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, see it now, finally. Didn’t notice it until I read this. Good job Wyze!

When does the firmware update go live on the regular version of the app?

I would like to be able to access the 24 hour time as well but I have the standard version of the app and my firmware is version 1.0.6.96.

1 Like

I am using WYZE app version 2.12.30 and WYZE band version 1.0.6.96 on an iPhone 8. I have my phone set to 24 hour Military time. Inside the WYZE app displays the WYZE band clock face in 24 hour Military time but the WYZE band itself is still in 12 hour time. I tried switching the phone back and forth, syncing each time, but could not get the WYZE band clock face to display 24 hour Military time. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Wyze band needs 24 Hour/Military time option.

2 Likes

Try rebooting your Wyze band or recharging it, I had to do one or the other, can’t remember which, before mine started displaying 24 hour time…

I recharged the Wyze Band and then tried to reboot it. I kept getting an error stating that the Wyze app “could not connect to the band tap to try again.” The information behind the error to make sure the band was charged, to restart the Bluetooth connection, and then to restart my mobile device, None of these worked to display the 24 hour Military time. The Wyze band does sync with the Wyze app. though. Any more thoughts?

I am using an iPhone XS Max. Wyze App version 2.12.30 and Wyze Band firmware 1.0.6.96. I am having the same issue. The app says the firmware is up to date and in the app the clock face of the band is in 24 hour (HH:hh) time but on the actual band itself is still AM/PM. I have rebooted the band many times and fully charged it. Nothing seems to be working to get the band to actual display in HH:hh.

@ kellypalmere and @ TopaBlue

I am using the Android app, possibly that is the issue :thinking:

I have an android phone, and it shows that the band should be military, but it isn’t. I tried all of the suggestions above, still stuck in 12h mode. Google play says my apps are all up to date. Would like military time, hopefully this bug will be fixed soon.

1 Like