Wyze appears not to have learned from the past

A new security vulnerability is making the rounds and once again Wyze’s inattention to their customer support channels is front and center.

2 Likes

So he formally reported it 5 days ago, bought a domain name just for this bug, built a web site for it, and published the exploit in detail. Nice.

On the bright side, the Reddit thread has this:

2 Likes

I think the guy reporting the bug is a tool myself. But it shows how unresponsive Wyze’s customer support is. That’s my only takeaway, Wyze did not deal well with the last one and while this one was and is badly reported it does expose a glaring issue. Namely Wyze’s totally unacceptable customer service system.

3 Likes

Yes and I recall a forum post about another ignored security concern a while back (not one they addressed).

1 Like

Another gem, turning your cam off in the app is not really turning it off

https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/comments/ignytd/my_echo_show_can_bring_up_wyze_cams_even_if_they/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

3 Likes

Wow well I completely believe that one, because it’s long been evident that the “off” position in the app doesn’t do much at all… (no change in power draw, etc.)

1 Like

Yeah that’s been around for awhile. Eufy has the same problem.

Has WYZE hired a security advisor yet?
Is anyone supervising customer service?
Remember, they just hired a finance person.

1 Like