Wyze App Version 2.7 Released! (12/17/19)

The rules seem to be all there but one that is supposed to turn off at 8 AM that did work but it is supposed to turn on at 5 PM and it did not turn on till 5:25 it has been working great before.

I didn’t notice this problem at all last night but today I have 5 of my cameras offline , one I can tap on and get live view , the other 4 that are showing offline won’t come on

2 Likes

After my wife came home she wanted to know what happened to the lights. I checked the rules and weird enough it had changed my schedule from 6:15 PM to 7:25 PM. All my other stuff has worked ok so far no issues with my cams.

1 Like

I haven’t had any of the time changing problems on IOS that others have mentioned. Actually, I haven’t had any issues at all so far with the new app on IOS, at least not that I’ve found yet. I did have one of my android tablets have an app crash soon after updating, but I had to go out and haven’t had enough time to play around with the android update yet.

Using both IOS and android on a regular basis and daily with the Wyze apps, one thing I’ve found is that I always have more app problems on android. Personally, I think a big part of that is because android runs on a ton of different devices and brands with quality varying from excellent to cheap garbage. Even among the good quality devices, different brands run the apps differently.

1 Like

I have two rules that are schedules. They each turn off a group of cameras. They are set to run at 9 PM each night. Tonight they both ran at about 9:33pm.

Strange behavior. Must be a hiccup some where.

I wonder if these lights not coming on at the correct time has something to do with the server instead of the app because I realized I did not update the app on the phone that I use, just tested it on some other ones, I realize that it is the same account on each device

1 Like

Same problem as @None and @secondary_2g are reporting. Rather than a recorded clip, all I get is a static image. Android version 9. A fix would be great as this is a primary reason I purchased the cameras

2 Likes

That’s very possible. Hopefully it will clear up soon for everyone.

1 Like

How were you able to revert back to the previous version of the app? I’m on Apple iOS and want to make sure that once I upgrade to latest app version, if it doesn’t work right, I can revert back like you did. Thanks.

He’s using Android, it allows side loading apps. I don’t think it’s possible with iOS.

Early adopters unite :fist_right: :fist_left:

This morning the two scheduled rules I have that turn on two groups of cameras fired at the correct time. 8:30 AM. Seems that maybe the servers were bogged down or something last night?

@Bicycles I get a random static image from the camera (not associated with the actual event video), and it sits at 0.0 kb/sec, then tells me the network is unstable, and then eventually just times out and tells me to recycle the camera (-20017) power. This isn’t 100% of the time. Usually with older clips. Seriously, though, if I’m on the exact same wifi as the camera, why would there ever be an issue like this?

To add, the video used to jump back 5 minutes from the event timestamp and then start playing. Now, when I hit playback, the timestamp starts out 5 minutes before the event, but immediately jumps to the same timestamp as the event itself. So, I miss the preceding 5 minutes of video…

Lastly, the time strip at the bottom used to be blue/green (aka cyan) denoting all the times a video was recorded (are fully cyan if continuous recording). Now, that’s gone too. And I have no idea where there was motion that didn’t get triggered.

1 Like

@None. I found some success in getting playback if I access the video through the events tab. Home Screen->Events->click on an event->playback (sd card) icon at bottom.

If I try to access the playback through the livestream, it displays the static image. I do however have a bit rate using this method.

The highlights on the timeline (cyan color) appears for me either way.

3 Likes

I get what you described in your first paragraph most of the time I go to playback (same-day footage)… been that way for awhile now. I had just acquiesced to this as the “new normal”… :expressionless:

As for the rest of your post, I could never get far enough using playback to see that level of detail. I think I got the v2.7 beta app to engage playback a total of (1) time before I abandoned it after many more balks.

1 Like

You aren’t in one of those half-hour timezones are you, @StopICU33?

Ha… a 70min offset is strange indeed.

No, I don’t think so. :grin: I’m on EST. I think the server is confused or something. Seems to be a glitch somewhere between the app and server. Your guess is good as mine. :man_shrugging:

IMO, the (Android) App is not tested thoroughly or on multiple platforms before release. If I cannot trust the functionality of a production app, the utility of the gear diminishes drastically.

2 Likes

I’d like to see some numbers on how many platforms and main versions of OS the software is tested on before release to Beta.

1 Like

That’s the problem with android. There’s so many variations getting the app to run at peak performance on all of them is extremely difficult. Where with Apple you’re basically dealing with one operating system for phones and one operating system for tablets. I’m not getting into the debate of whether Apple or android is better I’m not wanting to start that I’m just stating why one might be easier To build an app for