Wyze App Version 2.7 Released! (12/17/19)

No, I don’t think so. :grin: I’m on EST. I think the server is confused or something. Seems to be a glitch somewhere between the app and server. Your guess is good as mine. :man_shrugging:

IMO, the (Android) App is not tested thoroughly or on multiple platforms before release. If I cannot trust the functionality of a production app, the utility of the gear diminishes drastically.

2 Likes

I’d like to see some numbers on how many platforms and main versions of OS the software is tested on before release to Beta.

1 Like

That’s the problem with android. There’s so many variations getting the app to run at peak performance on all of them is extremely difficult. Where with Apple you’re basically dealing with one operating system for phones and one operating system for tablets. I’m not getting into the debate of whether Apple or android is better I’m not wanting to start that I’m just stating why one might be easier To build an app for

I foresee an Android cutoff policy at some point… like support the current version and (2) iterations backlevel of the OS.

Agree that it becomes unwieldy supporting devices dating back to the smartphone era Bone Age. Just ask Monkey$oft.

1 Like

Hi Techie

qlang’s right, I’m on Android and it’s ez-pz. Here’s WyzeGwendolyn’s response about iOS from another thread:

There’s a bit of follow-up there but nothing definitive is provided.

Gwendoln, I did not receive the update in TestFlight. Should I have?

The update was not beta, it was production. Therefor it will be in the App Store not TestFlight.

1 Like

Thank you for that information.

1 Like

How are people’s Rules today? Looks like one set worked properly.

For people experiencing streaming issues, please send us a log through Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. We want to look into this.

1 Like

My rules fired correctly today so far. The last set should fire at 9 PM EST so will know soon!

1 Like

Your welcome! I get em confused myself sometimes!

2 Likes

My schedules didn’t work at all today. I’m going to delete the rule and reset it again. Don’t know what the difference is with this new update. It came on over an hour late yesterday but no go today. :thinking: Really weird!

Before you do that, could you please send us a log through Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue? That is super weird.

My 9 PM rules (2) fired at 9:10 PM tonight. So earlier than last night but still @ 10 minutes late. So better but not 100% yet.

Edit: Log sent.
Edit 2: Ticket # 417259

2 Likes

Yes, I can send the log file in first. My schedules worked perfectly until this last update. Not sure what the deal is with this recent update.

1 Like

Thanks for the log!

1 Like

Log sent :+1: Ticket # 417260

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like