Wyze App Version 2.6 Releasing Tonight! (11/18/19)

Same here play back turns gray and cloudy can’t zoom in or save events this update ruined it the only thing is working good for me is complete motion. Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon

1 Like

as far as saving 12 second clips I don’t have a problem with that , I hit the down arrow and it saves it to my device

Check now. :wink: Looks like they’ve added it.

3 Likes

SIGH…UGH…our “first“ subscription service…SMH…I knew it was gonna happen…it was too good to be true…

how many of these “subscription services” are in the works and will be rolling out?

What a pain…should’ve just chargeD more for the cameras then…

You’re upset that they’ve given you the option to make your camera more powerful than it was when you bought it? I’m not sure if I understand that mindset. It works exactly as it did before. No functionality has been taken away. You were happier when your camera could do less, simply because you didn’t have the option to pay for a subscription and do more?

The subscription service is just another option , as nerdland said , all the free stuff that is available to you has not changed, this new subscription service option was requested by us the community ,
Go check out what options you get for free with other cameras on the market , don’t forget to check the price on those other cameras on the market also :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

My concern with my future foresee is:
So next year…how much will the $1.49 per camera go up…and when is a maintenance fee going to be attached to that…and then all of a sudden I’m paying $50 or more per month depending on how many cameras…
The reason I bought these cameras was because of the features FOR the price…not to have my first taste of heroin for free…and then I’m hooked and they got ya…that’s all I’m saying…
You can’t say that i am the only one of all the buyers who were “kinda” wondering why it was only a 12 second video, and then a 5 minute cool down…and the only one who found this slightly annoying when 5 minutes is a long time…until next movement…
I guess I am a skeptic…thinking this was by design for the future…Good thing I don’t have 20 cameras.

You don’t have to buy the subscription. Your cameras will continue to operate the way they did when you bought them.

4 Likes

Hey drmrock

I see Wyze as a young company anxious to run a gauntlet of business challenges to afford poor and/or thrifty people the chance to tech-up their lives.

They are not selfless, of course, and probably look forward to reaping the rewards of success, but they seem genuinely aware of “where they came from” and the needs of the little folk helping to get them there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they lower the price after a while, because their cost per camera goes down with volume. I definitely don’t they’ll increase it any time soon. Regardless – just don’t buy it in the first place. Pay $0 a month. It will continue to work exactly as it does now.

$1.49/mo is far from a “cash grab.” Compare them to Ring, for example, which is rendered entirely useless unless you pay them $3/month. Wyze still works great with no additional cost.

The limitations of the free tier are precisely because it’s free. They’d go bankrupt if they let everyone record unlimited video for free. It costs them money on an ongoing basis, so it’s necessary to impose limits. They implemented the subscription service based on customer demand, because so many people asked for it. Removing the limitations adds to their ongoing costs, so it’s not possible for them to do that without paying for it somehow. $1.49 is more than fair.

2 Likes

There were a lot of people wondering that, and it was explained to them that it was due to the costs of storage. So the people said ‘I should have the option for longer videos and no cool down and I would be willing to pay for it’, and WYZE listened and added an optional pay service while leaving the free service as-is.

5 Likes

Who knows what the future will bring? Enjoy the now and comment about stuff when it does happen, imho.

3 Likes

This change in the movement between clips (broken swiping unless replay first) and the “gray-outs” really has made the usability far worse than previously. It was nice to use before, now it is a pain. @UserCustomerGwen are you the right person to ask about getting this on the fix radar? Thanks

4 Likes

Before this update, the small play/pause icons in the corner were a bit fiddly. The rest was actually a pleasure to use and responsive.

Pleasure has been transformed into frustration.

1 Like

I totally agree about the grayed-out video. I have to wonder whether Wyze just doesn’t test their app before releases or whether they don’t think the inability to swipe and interact with event videos is somehow desirable. Either way, this is a disappointment and they can do better.

2 Likes

I see in the latest app, I can now go directly to the time of the event in Playback mode.

That’s a HUGE improvement and a giant step in the right direction to make the Wyze cams and app more useful.

Now just sync up the audio and video and we can move on to enhancements. The out of sync audio and video is still a major issue in the basic operation of the product.

Thank you to all involved for providing the instant jump the event time in playback. :+1:

9 Likes

Can we save video locally like during our many internet outages and power failures, my home runs on battery backup and our local FOG networks are on even if internet is down so our local computer vision ai works. Alexa or IOT does not work when internet is down or when we need it most. so have Hot Fog “Home of Things” FOG

That’s what the SD card is for. I have not tested it myself, but there have been reports that the camera continues to record on the SD card even when your internet connection is down.

1 Like

yes but we use AI locally for license plate reading with Openalpr.com so we need to move video to our own server to process before saving it.

Seems a bit slower to load the 12 second clips, but otherwise fine. Wyze software is still streets ahead of the other camera’s software I use (Dlink and TP-link).

1 Like