Wyze App v2.0 Launched!

Anyone else having video quality issues with 2.0 selecting HD results in a sub 15KB/s video.

None of the cameras outside have any type of enclosure. I have them mounted back under the eaves of the house and have had zero problems with them. Have worked thru the summer heat and now the winter. They have been outside for about six months.

The change from notifications to events is frustrating because the number of clicks to delete multiple notifications has gone from 2 to 5+. This is a pain. The root cause for needing to delete multiple notifications is because we cant schedule events per day, so when my alerts are set for 8-5 for my work week, they go off every 5 mins all weekend long. So we need a daily calendar alerts setup, However, until that is done, we need to be able to delete and entire days’ worth of notifications with a couple clicks. I had like 60 today, and it took me about 15 clicks to delete them 20 at a tim. The update notes say 30 at a time, but it’s only 20

Thanks for pointing this out. Tried it, it does indeed work. However, you can’t flick through them in full screen mode.

Sure anytime. You can flick in full screen mode but it isnt as obvious as wyze should have made it. Basically 1. go into full screen mode 2.Allow the full 12sec clip to play. 3. Once clip stops tap the screen once to bring up the player overlay at the bottom. Flick the player overlay to load next event.
Personally id like to see a icon < OR > that can be tapped to launch clips.
Enjoy!

@CaptainMark well I have already listed the main 2 bugs I saw. The other aspects of the new app are not necessarily bugs but old app preferences i.e. new the shop/discover buttons makes the app more clunky. I have since already reverted back so I won’t be able to find any new issues. I appreciate how you guys have tried to update the app to make it better and allowed push notifications by camera though!

Bug 1) It crashed when I tried to change the percentage for motion sensitivity on the cameras.
Bug 2) The app closed down by itself after a certain amount of time. Not useful if you want to leave the live camera view on all night for monitoring.

I’m not sure if shine anyone else has experienced the app closing down by itself but that major bug made me go back to the old app immediately.

1 Like

Judging from the dubious feedback on the new app I wonder if it was in beta long enough for a bigger sample size regarding members concerns with the noted problems.

1 Like

Hold off on installing the new app. Upon installing it, I can no longer connect to the Cam Pan. I have restarted/reset/reinstalled everything to no avail. I get a message “Connecting camera by secure channel” Then the app says “Please try to exit app and retry” The loop continues. Frustrating. Wyze Cam Pan still connects to service and will upload alerts, but I have no ability to connect with the app to watch video, start a manual recording, change settings or administer device in any way.

Awesome - thanks. I already updated FW of the devices and now the app and I see some improvement regarding false alerts and the ‘head reset’ bug with activated ‘detection zone’ seems to be fixed. Good work.

Unfortunately the fonts are way too small now (was good in the old app) for my (old) eyes and the WYZE cams (not pan) don’t get an updated picture in the dashboard any more :frowning:

In general I found the navigation in the old app was easier (less navigation depth) than in the new one, but I will get used to it to a certain degree I guess.

Also hope you can merge the two setting icons (‘camera settings’ and 'more) to one single menu. For me it would make more sense to have only one ‘settings’ menu.

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Please update with iPad landscape viewing. I was so disappointed to see V2 didn’t offer this. As a Wyzer from early on, this V2 app really doesn’t do anything differently for me. I’m still rotating my iPad non-stop like it’s pivoting on “the all seeing eye of Sauron…”

1 Like

@davidmac27… Please hop over and vote for the Roadmap topic below. You must click the VOTE button at the top of the page for your vote to count.

Tell me the decision to push out an apparently insufficiently tested major update days before people open these as gifts was a dictate from above? Like adding Discovery and “Buy stuff” vs focusing on core functionality? Well the damage is done.

iOS 12.1 App v 2.0
Some of my “Events” were listed under the wrong camera. Because my push notifications go away if I open the app (they shouldn’t disappear unless I click on them like other apps do), I am not able to say if the push notification is also wrong. I did notice the video going with the incorrect event notice was not only for the wrong camera, but for a different time as well. Pointer problem? That was last night, today they are not there, but I do still have one instance of a sound event from the same camera being listed twice on the Events page. I should have documented it last night, but then again, it’s probably better I didn’t. Sleeping on it was better than counting to ten.

For me, it would be very helpful if the Event time included the seconds on the Events list page. It would be even better if the hr:min:sec displayed on a button that took me to that point in the SD playback. On the actual event page, I can get the seconds off the video time stamp. I do like that the thumbnail on the Events page seems more representative of the actual event trigger. That seems to be an improvement, or maybe just coincidence.

Also, when I come into the app from a push notice, the camera names look like they are the mac addresses and I can’t swipe to the next or previous event in either direction. I haven’t tested different scenarios, but if I reopen the app, the camera names are correctly displayed. If you go to Events list page and select an event, you can then swipe forward or back. Swiping from the push notice worked before, but I also didn’t have multiple cameras, so silly me. On the Events list page, shouldn’t swiping an event notice left delete it?

3 Likes

Several days later, still no update for my family’s Android phones.

Overall, the new 2.0 is a nice upgrade. Every UI change always has pros and cons, and change can be frustrating when you don’t see the benefit in your particular use case.

I do have one issue, and that is that the event thumbnails are not from my camera at all – it is always the same image - a creepy, poor low light image of someone’s kitchen, but it is not mine nor any image that my camera has ever seen. Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, yes, I have re-booted the camera.

Here’s a screen grab Dropbox - File Deleted

Aside from it being annoying, I think there could be a serious privacy issue here if I am seeing someone else’s camera. Who knows what I might see?

-Jim

Yikes! If really an image from someone else’s kitchen, then yes, some privacy concerns there. You sure this isn’t just a placeholder image?

Here’s a Roadmap topic that you can hop over and vote for that is pretty much just that:

I use this app to view event videos, in full screen mode how to swipe to get to the next video ?
I like the old app better, how do I roll it back ?

I see that same image, but it usually just flashes by on a refresh or something, and then my own thumbnails load. It is weird though!

I think that’s just a “generic” image used as a placeholder. Probably would be better though if it were just a picture of the camera.

For V2/Pan cameras, this would quickly be replaced by a screen grab from the actual camera. However, V1 cameras don’t have the ability to transmit this screen grab, so you will only ever see this generic image on the list until you view the actual video.

I believe those are stock as I have the same static image. They eventually populate with the correct image. Just those appear to be a placeholder.