Wyze app not finding headphones

Just got my headphones… they look great and are amazingly comfortable… loving them except when following the instructions to add them in the app… it won’t find em. Is anyone else having difficulty or was able to get them to connect… I have tried it when paired and unpaired to my Samsung galaxy s10. They show up in my Bluetooth list while the lights are blinking blue/red.
While paired i can play audio and use them while on a call… just won’t add to the app??

5 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze community @mswendener!
Try “forgetting” the device in your Bluetooth settings, then try setup without connecting first. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your phone and try the above again.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response… yes I have tried that… in addition I have also removed the app from my phone and reinstalled… went through the different attempts again… no joy.

2 Likes

You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support (click “submit a request”)
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

1 Like

Same here… won’t connect to the app. Try turning it on and off a couple times nothing works…

I’ve tried connecting them to the app with Bluetooth on with Bluetooth off The light is flashing blue and red… It just keeps saying try again

after the 15th time I gave up.

Hell with it… they’re going back. I’m done being a beta tester

Due to the fact that @CapeCodTodd is also having issues and both of you are on Android, I’m thinking this is a bug. What version of the app are you running @CapeCodTodd and @mswendener? Make sure it’s the newest. If the issue continues, please submit a log and post the number here.

Yes it’s the latest version of the app.

I’m a beta tester…

And you really can’t submit a log, for the headphones…because the headphones have not yet been added to the app… So the headphones cannot be selected as the product you’re having problems with.

Are you a hardware tester for the headphones? Please write this up if you are!

What do you mean by this? How are you setting them up?

No just for the cameras and the app

The same way you add all products.
, click the plus button, and follow the on-screen prompts…

The headphones are on the LED is flashing blue and red in pairing mode and the app cannot find the headphones although they are 4-in away…

The headphones have yet to connect to the app

It’s definitely a bug with the app.
I’ll tag @Kimj so she knows.

Thank you for the feedback…
I used another phone and was able to get the Headphones to connect and update the firmware… this phone was on the general release of the wyze app… So yes it looks to be linked to the Beta Wyze App.
I sent support an email. Lets hope its a quick turn around.
Thanks

1 Like

I had a similar issue of the headphones not wanting to connect right out of the box with a Samsung Note10+, on WYZE version 2.15.21.

To resolve I:

1. Turned the headphones off
  2. Force stopped the WYZE app (On phone go to settings, Apps, find WYZE, click Force Stop".
  3. Launched WYZE app again
  4. Turned on Headphones
  5. Resumed Setup process as defined with the device

and they connected right up.

Hope this helps anyone running into a similar issue.

2 Likes

As a side note, please use this link to join the beta group. This will make it easier for others to know that you’re a beta tester and you’ll get a badge next to your profile picture.

https://forums.wyze.com/groups/Beta

I’ve tried ‘R.Good’'s method above multiple times to no avail. I was able to get the Wyze app to list the headphones but when I select them, it wants me to pair again. My phone is a Galaxy S20+ and using the beta version of Wyze.

1 Like

Great, received my headphones today only to be disappointed in not being able to connect in the app. I have tried all the above suggestions. Wyze app is the latest, NOT beta, Samsung S9+, headphones connect through phones BT if I try. PLEASE HELP. Frustrated!

1 Like