Wyze app marketing messages

Is there a way to disable the Wyze app’s marketing messages WITHOUT turning off camera notifications? I just got a message about a blog post via my iOS notifications and I am not happy. I will dump all Wyze products if they start spamming me with marketing messages using the notification mechanism. What [mod edit] were they thinking?

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

13 Likes

I’m disgusted with this company. Now I understand why the prices are so low for the hardware. I opted out of the email spam but the spam continues through the app. If I can’t find a way to stop it I’m going to pawn off the camera. I tell everyone I know to avoid this company and spend a little more to deal with a legitimate and reputable company that doesn’t try to spam a captive audience.

7 Likes

Hey @victor2,

I’d like to welcome you to the forums and sincerely apologize for the frustration that has been caused by the Wyze Newsletter and/or Wyze Shop notifications. I do understand that unwanted notifications are a hassle, believe me, I don’t like them either!

To turn these off, please follow the following instructions:

1. Open the Wyze application on your phone
  2. Press the “Account” tab at the bottom right
  3. Press on your nickname/email (this should be right above the “Services” tab)
  4. Under the “Communication” category, toggle the “Wyze Email Newsletter” and “Shop Push Notifications” off.

I hope this resolves the issue.

Let me know how it goes!

/ken

5 Likes

Hey there @jmr31415926,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same hassle! Like I directed @victor2, you can turn these notifications off within the application by following the prompts below.

To turn off the Wyze Newsletter and/or Shop Notifications, please follow the following instructions:

1. Open the Wyze application on your phone
  2. Press the “Account” tab at the bottom right
  3. Press on your nickname/email (this should be right above the “Services” tab)
  4. Under the “Communication” category, toggle the “Wyze Email Newsletter” and “Shop Push Notifications” off.

I do understand your frustration with these notifications and I hope I provided an adequate solution.

Let me know how it goes,

/ken

4 Likes

Both push notifications and newsletter were already set to off but I’m still getting in app spam.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know, @jmr31415926. Currently, there is no way to disable in-app notices/posts. However, I will pass down your feedback to Wyze.

Have a good rest of your day,

/ken

5 Likes

Sorry to tell you, but WYZE does not get any better.
I have told everyone I know on and off of social apps to stay away from WYZE products.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

Sorry for the frustration! I’ll get this over to the team.

5 Likes

Alright, I poked the team about this and we’re aiming to give more user control over these messages in the future. In the meantime, if you send me your Wyze account email in a private message (PLEASE don’t post it publicly in this thread), I can ask the team to remove you from that list so you won’t receive these messages.

6 Likes

Of course! :slight_smile:

Have a nice evening.

1 Like

Hi Gwendolyn,
How can I message you directly? I don’t see a way to do that from your profile.

1 Like

On her reply, tap her Avatar. This should pop up a window with her Avatar and a place to click on the Message icon.

3 Likes

Nope. No such luck. Tapped on her avatar in the thread and on her profile:

1 Like

I bumped up your user level, so you should now be able to get the message icon when clicking on her Avatar. Sorry I didn’t realize that you were a new user!
Welcome to the Forum community!

5 Likes

I love this company. When Covid hit, this company gave away free camera’s to businesses that had to close, so we could keep an eye out on our property. I tell everyone to consider Wyze first.

7 Likes

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

5 Likes

Do to the repeated violations of the Community Guidelines , this thread has been closed until tomorrow morning. When it re-opens, please observe and follow the guidelines as posted by @tomp above.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 20 hours.