Wyze App livestream freezing after short duration

Hi,

I am having issues with the wye app (cams v2 and v3) freezing while trying to view livestream. After opening the app, selecting a cam, then waiting for the livestream to load, it shows download speed, then download speed goes to zero and stays there - the livestream freezes. The only way to have the cam show livestream again, you have to back out to the starting page of the app and reselect the cam. The load screen is also having issues with connection. I have power cycled the cameras, deleted and re-installed, etc.

Is there any other options for fix? I have reset my router, connection issues with my ISP are not any issues, connection strength (on ISP app) shows 100% on all cameras.

3 Likes

Couple of things to try:

1. Start your app and go to Account>App Settings and clear the cache. Then log out of the App and restart your phone. When it comes back up you can logon and see if it works for you.

2. Reboot your router and then try once everything is backup. Sometimes it is easier to do option 1 above and this option at the same time.

Also, could you provide the following as this will help deduce what is going on as this is a community forum and a lot of us have experienced similar situations. So here is the ask:

• What is the App Version you are using (I See you are iOS)?
  • What is the Firmware of your Camera(s)
  • What type of Router are you using? Asking as I have had issues like this and it turned out to be my router and some of the issues it had with Live Streaming multiple devices, or even one if it is busy. Other devices worked fine, which is what confused me. I replaced my router setup and everything has been fine since.

I’ve had this problem since Dec 2021 off and on. It happens randomly for days or hours at a time, and you can try all of the suggested remedies, but they will change nothing. The cameras take multiple attempts to connect, and when they finally do, the speed is at 70 to 160 kb/s, then 50 then 15 then 0.0 within 10 seconds.
You can try opening a ticket, but it will always be YOUR network at fault. Not firmware, not the Wyze app, not the AWS servers, it’s YOU.
Sometimes everything will work perfectly on one phone or tablet, but completely fail on another. Force stop the app, reboot the phone, reboot the router, on and on and on. I even tried paying for double the data plan from my ISP. The router reboot for the upgrade made everything work perfectly for 24 hours, then back to useless. This morning everything worked for an hour, but now not. The cameras worked great for two years (at 1/2 my current internet speed), but not anymore.
Oh, and get this; the events all work fine, with instant notifications and cloud videos steaming smooth, just glitchy live connecton. How do the events upload instantly to the cloud and back to my phone when the camera says 0.0 kb/s?
Then one day everything works like it used to last year and the year before.

Until it doesn’t again.
I wonder if they will connect tomorrow?

1 Like

Same problem here. I have two new Wyze V2 cameras with steady power lights. The problem camera cycles LIVE from 0Kbs to 116Kbs every 10 seconds then goes through the same mode. Clear cache, reset, power cycled etc. Same results.

1 Like

I have the exact same problems as missabe77, it is happening on iOS and PC stream, I have different models of cameras from V1 to V3, wireless and OG; they all are on the latest version of firmware. I just subscribed to Cam + for all the cameras… same problem, and when I talk to support it is my network ALWAYS, don’t mind that the other devices on my wifi never have a problem, the cameras are cheap so I guess you get what you pay for?

I must chime in as well, sir. I ECHO your sentiments. Word for word. The SAME issues. It all came crashing down for me a few months ago right after one of Wyze’s “updates”. After that… kaput! If this is not fixed (and soon), then I guess I will have to take my money elsewhere. It’s been fun!

same issue here locks up after a very short time
does not matter if docked or floating
makes it impossible to wait for and event (postie etc)
:¬(

I think I may have a solution….it seems to have worked for me to stop the camera from freezing up for a few moments shortly after recording. Yes, finally!!! My SD Card was basically full and overwriting I guess, so I reformatted the card from the app which cleared the memory and then I restarted the camera from the app. Bam, no more freezing….hope this is a long term solution! Hope this helps ya’ll!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Same problem here. Just noticed it today. No SD card. Just trying to view any live streaming. Time to find another company’s cameras probably if wyze doesn’t care to help resolve this.

Switching from HD to SD does seem to keep things from freezing and the image “melting”.

This lag and freezing up is getting absurd. Wyze better address this asap or I’m going to be getting new cams. BS

Hello, same issue here. You guys got some fix? Worst of all, this sleep thing affects the recording events as well. Not all gets captured. I had an incident at home and it did not get recorded!

Same issue here on all my wyze outdoor cams. Been an issue since I bought them a year and a half ago. Happens off and on. One interesting thing I noticed today is that when live streaming simultaneously on my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone, the issue would still occur on my phone where the live stream freezes up but it wouldn’t happen on my wife’s phone (watching the same camera at the same time). Found that to be interesting; the issue must be on the streaming device’s end in some way.

Under app settings try turning off the switch that allows the app to run in the background.
It solved my years of the same issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, I don’t see that option

RaĂşl Valles

If You are using iOS (Apple) go to settings > the go to the WYZE app and turn off Local network. It worked for me today on my battery powered WCO cams.

This worked for me, thank you!

Just curious, what does that do?

That is not working for me, one my devices has been set up like that and it has been and continues to be a problem. Can I get a refund for my yearly subscription? I will try Ring or other options

Same issue still happening for me. Outdoor cam will stream to my iPhone for a few secs then freeze. If I turn my phone sideways (fullsize) it won’t stream at all. Latest iOS (as of 3/19/24), no SD card in this cam. Base station has 2 cams on it.
Google mesh network and signal is strong throughout the house.