Wyze app in the Amazon app store for Fire / Kindle and other devices

The fact that your device is a kindle and not a fire tablet might be the issue.
All of my fire tablets were able to install the wyze app.

Yeah, I think kindles are built against android 6? I’m not sure. I’ve got fire tablets and have Wyze installed on them.

I should’ve been more clear. I have a Kindle fire 8 7th generation. Is it possible that the version of the Google play store for my device is outdated. I would buy a new Kindle fire if I know it will work with wyze.

Check on your tablet to see what the model is
Settings menu. Select Device Options . Your device model is listed under Device Model or About Fire Tablet.
Mine says Fire HD 8 ( 7th generation )
in system updates it is showing I am running , Fire OS 5.6.9.0

2 Likes

The Google Play store version of the Wyze app requires Android 7.0 or later. Your 7th generation Fire uses Fire OS 5, which is based on Android 5.1.

Current model Fire tablets use Fire OS 7, which is based on Android 9.

Keep in mind Amazon has a trade-in program for older Fire tablets:
https://www.amazon.com/Tablet-Trade-In/b?ie=UTF8&node=10825011011

3 Likes

You’re right, I haven’t used my fire 8 in awhile it will not update the wyze app but my fire 7 will update, it is 9th generation OS 7.3.2.1

you could sideload app 2.21.27 (June 24, 2021) and it should work on the tablet you have
my fire eight 7th Gen is running app **2.20.21 (May 12, 2021)**and it works.
Or buy a new 10th gen

I wish I spoke your language. I just followed a step-by-step guide to add the Google play store to my fire tablet. To get the updated version, do I just click on a different version to download during the steps?

If you were replying to me, I was not talking about Google Play store in my Last Post , I was talking about sideloading the wyze app.
If you have never sideloaded anything before here is a little reading for ya .

Here’s the post about the change wyze made

4 Likes

I now have two family members with Fire Tablets. Actually 3, but two I’d like to share Wyze apps with. So when will Wyze support Amazon Fire Android version? Please…

1 Like

I bought all my wyze cams on amazon, yet you dont support their tablet. I have over 15 of your products please make this available. Literlaly bought a tablet from amazon because of hte price point, and i can’t use it for my main purchase reason now :frowning:

1 Like

You can sideload the Wyze apk onto the fire tablet, or you can sideload Google play onto the tablet and then download Wyze from the android store. There are walk through online (this is what I did to get Wyze on my fire tablet).

1 Like

Something is wrong with the APK files.

I had a previous version loaded on my Fire Tablet for the last year or so, but today it asked me to update my version.

After I deleted the app from my tablet and downloaded the most recent version from APK, I’m now getting error messages from my tablet when I try to install the file.

I get a message saying, either unable to parse, or unable to open file.

Anyone know how to get around this?

The newer file is a .XAPK extension, rather than the earlier .APK extensions.

Try sideloading Google play store and Google play services and download the Wyze app from the play store that way if the Wyze apk isn’t working.

1 Like

I tried something similar, I installed APK’s app loader, instead of the manual installation method I was using before, still couldn’t load the latest version.
So I reverted back to the last working version, 2.22.21.

And it looks like I am still fully functional on this version.
Shrug, I’m not sure why it asked me to update before.
I may just stay on this version until they release something that forces me to update to remain connected to my cameras.

1 Like

I think that’s because 2.27 requires a newer version of Android. Wyze said they would stop supporting v2.22 in a couple weeks and that everyone needs to upgrade to new cam firmware and the new cam app for security reasons. I tried to install 2.27 on my Galaxy S5 which had been running 2.22, and it was not available to be installed from the Play Store due to it was running the older Android v6. Have since repurposed another older phone that’s more recent and running Android v8, and that was able to install 2.27 just fine.

Well crap, that means at some point I’ll have to buy a newer fire tablet…

Put me on the list of people who vote for a dedicated amazon app.

3 Likes

That’s not going to happen.

It wouldn’t help you even if they did, since a new Amazon version of the Wyze app would still need a newer version of the Amazon OS.

Lee Bosset

I just had the same experience. Was using 2.22 on my 8" fire tablet. this is the device I always use for Wyze since they don’t have a windows app like my other IP cameras. I dislike using my tiny phone for viewing anything from the Wyze app. So the later apps will not install on the tablet anymore. My tablet is not old. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

Same experience here. My Fire tablets are not very old (2 years or less I think) and will not run the newer version. An older phone (3+ years) works fine with the new version. Disappointing.

My guess is that even a brand new Fire will not work?