Wyze App Hangs at Loading Screen When Attempting to Add Color Bulb

Hello… The Wyze Android app is hanging for me on a loading screen when I attempt to add a color bulb. If I attempt to start down the path to add any other device under Power & Lighting, the next screen comes up almost immediately. But when I select “Wyze Bulb Color”, I next see a loading screen that spins indefinitely and never pulls up the next step.

I am on the latest version of the Wyze app from the Google Play Store. I am not a member of the beta program. I have rebooted my device and reinstalled the app. I have attempted to proceed on a 5Ghz, a 2.4Ghz, and a 4G LTE network. I have also tried to add a color bulb using two different Android devices. Regardless, I am still hitting the loading screen and cannot proceed with adding the color bulb.

The color bulb is brand new, received on 6/9/2022, and has not been added to any previous networks or Wyze accounts. This is the first color bulb I have attempted to add to my account, so I do not know how long the color bulb add device option has been broken for me.

Please let me know if others have hit this snag or otherwise have suggestions on how to proceed / troubleshoot… thanks in advance for any help.

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same issue…

1 Like

I am seeing the same thing on my Android device On v2.32.0(b148)

But not on my iOS device 2.32(b7)

Both beta.

Can you still provide your version number please and submit a log and post the log number here for any that are seeing this issue.

LogID 608014

1 Like

I’m seeing the same thing on all flavors of Wyze app for Android. No problem under iOS. Maybe a server glitch?

1 Like

Android device on v2.31.0 (145). Not beta.

Log ID 608038

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @SockMonkeyDM and @D-titus.

Thank you for identifying and raising this issue.
While @Seapup and myself are community volunteers here we will do our best to bring visibility to this issue.

Thank you for the additional information.

2 Likes

I forwarded this up the ladder. :+1:

2 Likes

Wyze has found the issue and should have a server fix out shortly. Thank you for reporting the issue and submitting a developer log. :+1:

Update: The issue has been resolved. Please retry adding Bulb Color.

2 Likes

Thank you for escalating, resolving, and following up so quickly. I can confirm I am able to proceed to the next step now in the app when trying to add a color bulb (although I have not had a chance to complete setup yet). Issue resolved.

2 Likes

No problem. Thank you again for noting the issue. :+1:

1 Like