WYZE app disappeared in Play Store for Android tablets

It’s in the release note as a fix. I just don’t have a tablet to test it out with and tend to add a grain of salt before a release just in case something goes funkier than expected.

5 Likes

We’ll all know if it works as soon as “Wyze app” shows up in the Play store for tablets!

It’s out there… thanks so much for the timely fix! :+1:

3 Likes

Have just updated my tablets! All is good!

2 Likes

I see they removed the permission to directly call phone numbers.

2 Likes

Wishing you a great sigh of relief and a good night’s sleep.
Thanks for all you do!

2 Likes

You’re welcome, folks. Thank you for your patience as we worked on this and for confirming that we have it resolved. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yep, a runtime request in app code is always a better/safer option. :wink:

Not so great on my fire tablet. I was able to download and install, but when I try to open it, it closes faster. I only use my tablet so I am unable to use my camera now. I rebooted the tablet and still no change.

What Fire tablet do you have? My Fire 8" 2018/2019 is working fine but remember, a Fire tablet is not a supported device.

My Fire tablet is an 8th gen, Build 0003658074244.

Nice job, looks like ya nailed the fix.
Bonus , looks like it’s running pretty good on the old Nexus 7 Android 5 , better than the last 3 versions

2 Likes

Fire HD 8 7th gen. In the google store it said it was supported until I installed, now it says “This app may not be optimized for your device,” which is what it said on the older versions but always worked fine. I did download th beta version.

I would suggest doing a search for the most current updates for adding Google Play to a Fire 8 7th gen. But remember, just because you add the Play store to a Fire doesn’t mean everything in the Play store will work. Fire OS is a forked version of Android and Wyze doesn’t do their coding for it.

2 Likes

Fire HD 8th gen workin good now

1 Like

I sideloaded 2.9.20 and it works fine. Tried the update from play store again and still it does not load. I uninstalled it again and reintalled 2.9.20. I guess that will have to do for now.

Are you in the Wyze app Beta program?
If so the app version you installed is Beta 2.10.31 which crashes on the Fire HD 8 (2017).
I sideloaded version 2.9.70 and it seems fine so far.

Finally, an official release that I can actually install on my tablet and doesn’t come with a 30 second lag in video. So, it’s taken a whopping 7 months to get back to something that’s useable, Pretty disappointing really!

Yes, I am in the Beta program. Thanks, I just sideloaded 2.9.70 and it seems to be working.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Was able to update or install the app on all our tablets, Android 5-9. Then upgraded the firmware on the cams. So far so good. Appreciate your customer support! :+1::blush:

2 Likes