WYZE app disappeared in Play Store for Android tablets

Also no future updates.
So if you buy a scale or band don’t expect to access it through your tablet.

1 Like

Sounds Wyze uses IT Service Model from the 1990.
Unplug your computer and Plug it back to the wall.

Whoever in charge of the Wyze Support needs to develop process to actually will help customer.

3 Likes

I was considering buying a scale, but with no tablet update, I don’t see that being viable.

2 Likes

I agree with you cargaill. I myself wont be buying anything further from Wyze until they get this issue resolved. I use my tablet 90% of the time, and about 10% on the cell which is probably opposite for most users. But what I think is most unsettling is their lack of communication with customers. It;s quite disheartening to say the least.

2 Likes

What I find the most unsettling is that Wyze expect us to accept devices with such blatant software flaws on our networks without question.

2 Likes

Very disappointed. I expected much better from the Wyze folks. I would much rather they tell me to shove it than leave me hanging.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone!

Sorry for the delay here.

We’ve been looking into this from our end and didn’t do anything on purpose that would have caused this. At this point, we’re suspecting that Google Play is updating their supported devices list but we can’t say for sure. We’ve been checking on some of the reported tablets and Google’s giant list of supported devices is reporting them as only partially supported or not supported.

I don’t have answers yet but we are trying to figure out what happened so we can give an actual update.

5 Likes

Please keep your support people inforned. At least tell them there is a real problem.
Leaving them out of the loop just makes them look stupid.

5 Likes

I have a ASUS zenpad c7.0
I have tons of Google apps and other apps pushed down to be updated. Clearly it is supported.

I hope Wyze reads the furst 20 posts of this thread carefully. I think the solution is there.

2 Likes

If the model # is Z170CG then yes it’s supported because it has telephony hardware.

2 Likes

model is P01z.
Poorman,s tablet

no sim slot. all telephone feature stripped off.

1 Like

I’ll share with the team!

1 Like

Thank you.

I have two Asus Nexus 7 (2013) tablets.

One with Cellular 3G/4G support (but no SIM card installed).
One without.

Same behavior in Play Store: Wyze app not found.

1 Like

I see what you’re talking about now.
The app is still available to my phone.
But not my tablet.
I haven’t seen any sign of wyze correcting this shortcoming yet.

1 Like

App was working fine last fall on my Google Chromebook until app updated, then won’t even show in the play store when I do a search for it.

1 Like

I received that EXACT response (except your name was replaced by mine) on Mar 19th … the response is just a form letter! @WyzeDave @WyzeYun

1 Like

Wow. Thanks for that bit of info. (And here I thought I was so special (lol)). Well. that sure blows a hole in their customer service,

2 Likes

I just tried Galaxy S tablet with LTE. It also didn’t show the app. I tried a direct link to the Wyze app in the Playstore. I got the app no longer compatible with your device message.

This shows that the problem is probably not related to telephony hardware and is just tablet related.

If it’s up to Google to determine the problem it can take weeks under normal conditions.

1 Like

Is LTE data a phone? Possibly not. Good info.
So sounds like if a device has sim card but no phone function will not get app updates in Play Store.
It is not a version issue as from Android 5 to Android 9 tablets have problem.
We should wait for Wyze to do their fix.

1 Like