Wyze app dark mode looks great

Only on 10, not on 8 or 9.

We need it in the APP.

They can stop touting new products, I’m not buying in further until they make the app more user friendly. Weve not even seen an attempt at dark mode in any betas

2 Likes

do they not have it on ios ?

Works on Android 11

That’s not my concern, if IOS has it, i highly doubt they have optimized that app.

I tried “developer mode” on android 10 & 11 which works for several of the menus but gives highly inconsistent results in the varied modules.

Not only that, but relying on a system wide implementation of a non-standard mode whacks out a variety of apps that have a native dark mode. Black boxes with black text. That was an exercise in futility.

I just recieved a reply " were looking into it"

I recieved that same BS reply nemerous times going on 2 years.

They admitted back then to using a highly outdated coding method. “Need to switch…” the app v3 will have it.

Has anyone been offered a beta of v3?

Nope.

Only in Developer mode.
That is not a viable solution as it effects all apps, some in a bad way.

1 Like

3 years of Wyze has taught me that they really have no intentions of being around long term.
Their goal seems to be to push as many products as possible and only modify the software enough to support the added products.

2 Likes

pffft…I strongly disagree…they haven’t added a dark mode so they have no intentions of being around long term?..that’s just ignorance.

from their last email:

We have more than 150 engineers working to improve our products every day. There’s still a lot of improvements in the works!

Viable enough for me at night, turn it on then.
Then off in the morning.
Much nicer on the eyes at night if accessing cameras or events, no blindingly white retina blasting light…lol

No, not just dark mode. Online viewing and selling outside the US are two other wishlist items they say they are going to do.

Their focus is on new products not software enhancements. That’s ok, just stop leading people on.

2 Likes

Yes. Cameras are cheap so we get what we paid for.

Can’t see me upgrading any Wyze devices in the future. :cry:

Agreed. White letters on a light background is not a good design.

1 Like

I agree. I don’t regret buying Wyze cameras. I have 8.

Oh Wow man. THANK YOU!!! This helped soooo much. Even with all my other apps. Phone had dark mode enabled. But, wasn’t working for all apps.

I can verify this works. Prior to Developer Mode’s ‘Override force-dark’ setting, I could not get the Wyze app to be dark. Once I enabled the Developer option, now it is always dark, Thanks for posting this!

You’d think Wyze would give us an in app setting for dark mode since it’s much easier on the eyes.

2 Likes

Still waiting for a "real’ dark mode.

2 Likes

Just think of all the bugs that will be in the App if they ever do Dark Mode :rofl:

3 Likes