Wyze app crashes repeatedly when viewing camera in landscape

Can you provide the Firmware version of your Cam Pan v2 and your App Version you are using.

The Prod versions are as follows:

• Wyze App for Android: 2.27.33 (December 21, 2021)
  • Cam Pan v2 Firmware:4.49.1.25 (October 21, 2021)

I am providing these as it the past there was an issue like this and I believe it was correct. Here is my Cam Pan v2 Live Stream in Landscape:

I signed up to beta test Firmware and App Updates. My Cam Pan v2 FW Version is: 4.49.1.34

Also note: I am using a Pixel 5, Pixel 6 and even an iOS device. I use the Pixel 6 for as my daily driver and the others for testing purposes.

1 Like

This didn’t originally occur with my Android/Wyze configuration but it now does.
I’ve got V2, V2 PanCam, and V3 cameras and the app exits any time I rotate my Pixel 3 from portrait to landscape. I believe it began after an Android update.
I’m currently running Pixel 3 build RQ1D.210205.004 and Wyze app v2.27.33. My Android System Navigation is set to “2-button navigation”. The only workaround I’ve found is to modify the System Navigation from “2-button navigation” to instead use “Gesture navigation”. When using “Gesture Navigation”, I am able to successfully rotate my device to landscape orientation while viewing the camera video or recording without the app exiting.
However, I prefer “2-button navigation” and this issue is extremely frustrating.
Please spend some time to fix it before releasing another product :wink:

They’re not going to purposely fix this at this point, just like dark mode. Until they design a fresh app from scratch they clearly don’t care to invest the time into fixes for a small populace. Dark mode is wanted by tens if not hundreds of thousands and they haven’t taken the time to implement it…

That said, as someone who only wanted two or three button navigation, I finally gave up and tried gesture mode. If you invest the few mins needed to memorize the gestures, within 24 hours you likely won’t want to go back to two or three button nav. 99% of the time I prefer gesture now… Give it a try, can always switch back

Welcome to the community @sporto, I am a community member as you are and not a Wyze employee.

Did you open a ticket and provide a log of this issue? If so, can you post it here and I will try to assist in getting this escalated for you.

I utilize gestures and not the navigation buttons. I will do the test myself using the buttons for navigation. Thanks for the info.

As soon as you get the Log and Ticket Number, please post it here. Also note, I have updated my app to the latest Beta Release 2.28.00 (b100).

I just did a test of Live Streaming a Pan Cam v2 and a Cam v3 with Navigation buttons on instead of gestures. Did not have any issues using the latest Beta 2.28.00 (b100). you could update your app to the Beta to see if it corrects your issue by going here: Become a Beta Tester – Wyze

Here are 2 images which demonstrates it is working for me:

My OS is Android 12 build: SQ1A.220105.002

Welcome to the forums! Have you restarted the phone since the android update? I have a Pixel 3, Android 12, Wyze production app 2,27,33 and have no problems going from portrait to landscape to portrait. I use 2 button nav also.

edit, @spamoni, i see a wyze hat is caught by wyze :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, have a pull over hoodie as well. :slight_smile:

Edit: I have everything off the floor as the Wyze Robo Vac was vacuuming.

You leave your hoodie and hat on the floor? Blasphemy.

1 Like

Nope, but if you zoom in, you will see the trash can on my desk and a TV on the bed. :slight_smile:

The Hat is on my Wyze Table: 4 Camera’s, 1 Bulb, Wyze Car and a Wyze Plug. Still setting up an area for me to test firmware and beta releases.

2 Likes

It’s random…my wife’s pixel 3 bought at same time had zero issues, but mine wouldn’t work. My pixel 5a now had the issue, I finally gave up and moved to gestures.

Personally feel like it’s another app that creates a conflict since others on pixel don’t have the issue…

Very well could be another app causing the issue. I personally use gestures for moving around, find it easier and faster. So never thought about testing it during Beta Testing. Will now need to add that to my test cycles.

1 Like

I have the same issue with trying to watch my 4 cameras in landscape mode and in a Samsung S21+ Ultra. So it’s not just the pixel. The app started doing this to me back in I believe Nov or Dec. Even had multiple techs try to resolve it but nothing worked and it’s still broken.

Welcome to the community @Exeno

Can you open a ticket and submit a log for this issue. Please post it here afterwards.

Please also include your App version, which Camera’s you see this on, and the Firmware version of those Camera’s.

Thanks

2 Likes

Duplicating my answer from other thread.
And, it works for me with Gesture mode (Android setting).

1 Like

I was having this problem on pixel 6 pro along with app crashing when I tried to view events. Changing display size from small to default instantly fixed both issues.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @smsrock28

Curious if submitted a log on this? If you submit a log and post it here, Wyze can use the log to determine what the issue is, especially when it comes to the Pixel 6.

EDIT

Can you also provide the Wyze App Version you are using and the Firmware version of the device you are trying to watch the event of?

I am asking because I have a Pixel 6 and set my Display Size to Small and tested. Everything worked as expected for me. No Crashing.

2 Likes

same issues happen for me and im on a note10+ on android 12(fml) lol

only started maybe within a week…

app version
2.29.0.b112

I am on Android 12, build SQ1D.220205.004
My Wyze App is 2.29.0.b112
Testing with Cam V3 FW Version: 4.36.8.32

Set my Display Size to Small (Which is the smallest option)

Tested Live Stream Portrait and Landscaped - no issues
Tested SD Card Playback Portrait and Landscaped - no issues
Tested Event Playbak Portrait and Landscaped - no issues

Is there anything I am missing? Is it possible it is a resolution issue? My Camera’s are set for Max Resolution (HD).

Or are you seeing this with another Camera Model?

i can report everythings workking as intended, on my device i went into min dpi width (prev set to 720) now at 360 everythings super zoomed in tho

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.