Wyze app battery drain

I have 4 WOC, three on Cam Plus. For the second time the Wyze app continues to drain iPhone battery even late at night when there are no events, and phone screen is off. Cams are set for motion sense only and no sound. How can I include the screen shots I have of the battery use?

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue on Android. The Wyze app has been taking a big toll on my battery while running in the background. Currently running stable release: 2.16.23 on a Google Pixel 5, but this was also a problem on the previous beta version of the app. I attached a screenshot below. Pretty much all of the battery usage was from the app running in the background. @UserCustomerGwen

My issue happens only every 10-12 days ??

I’m having a similar issue over the last 10 days. I did add two Outdoor Cameras to my collection of Wyze products around that date.

I have found that if I sign out of the app and sign back in a few minutes later once a day the problem seems to be minimized or maybe it is just a coincidence ?

1 Like

Thanks for responding - I’ll give that a try. I almost never sign out :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it’s the background process for Wyze Lock Auto-unlock. If I turn it off, then battery life goes back to normal. It sucks because the auto-unlock feature is really great and the app didn’t drain my phone’s battery like this before. There’s definitely some new bug in the latest versions of the app.

1 Like

Yeah the Wzye app sucked my battery down from 80% to 33% last night between 9:00 PM and 5:00 AM this morning, the first time it has happened in 19 days. No events??

1 Like