Wyze App 2.8 and Wyze Cam Firmware Released! 1/27/20

Help…

Where can I download the newest firmware for cam v2? Two of three cams updated the third will not update will not come online now

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030219511-Keeping-Your-Camera-Updated

Looks like the firmware update failed. Camera is not responsive. He needs to manually flash the firmware.

Release Notes & Firmware

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t have the newest firmware file yet. Have you tried bringing the Wyze Cam closer to your router during the update process?

Sorry for my delay in getting back here, everyone!

Sounds like fun for a new user :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Did the upgrade and now motion sensors don’t do anything with my rules. Every time there is an upgrade this seems to be a problem! Very frustrating!

I’ll report this to the team and I’m sorry to hear this happened. What troubleshooting have you tried so far? Have you tried unplugging the Bridge and plugging it back in?

Have not tried unplugging the bridge. Will do.

1 Like

Thanks! Please let me know how it goes.

What I had to do to fix mine was remove the sensor( Motion Sensor) and the rules and redo(should say remove/add them) them. Started working after that.

Have not tried unplugging the bridge. Will do.

WyzeGwendolyn

Wyze Team

January 29

I’ll report this to the team and I’m sorry to hear this happened. What troubleshooting have you tried so far? Have you tried unplugging the Bridge and plugging it back in?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

jdstolz91

January 29

Did the upgrade and now motion sensors don’t do anything with my rules. Every time there is an upgrade this seems to be a problem! Very frustrating!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

thanks Gwendolyn, I forgot about doing the bridge. I got my first rule to work after I unplugged the bridge and created a new rule. will redo my other rules…

1 Like

App is up to date, tried resetting the cameras and still have this issue.

After a firmware update, I’ve had to delete my rules and create new ones in the past and it usually gets them working normal again. For me, this is fastest way to correct the problem.

1 Like

Yeh 33% fail rate upgrading firmware sucks. I have reset numerous times have placed camera right next to router. I have an ip address I can reboot from app. But wi-fi signal strength says not connected. Same router all my other wyze products are using

@Larch, sorry to hear that didn’t help! Please reach out to our customer support team if you haven’t done so yet.

Wyze Customer Support

@Mgmrick1, I would also recommend contacting the customer support team for you, too. I don’t know when I’ll be able to get that firmware file but I’ll see what I can do.

I downloaded firmware version 4.10.5.34 which is not the newest but it’s an upgrade from current version listed on my cam 4.9.4.37.
Should I not be able to use that firmware. I loaded on an sd card but can’t seem to get it do anything

I have some cams set to continuous and some to event only. Also have CMC applied to combinations of both. I played with all combinations hitting the back arrow on the timeline and had no problems. FWIW, the back arrow doesn’t appear unless I turn the phone to landscape and wait for the cyan event markers to show up. Once they show up, I can turn my phone back to portrait and use the arrows in either direction with no problems. This testing was performed on a Samsung Galaxy S9+ running Android 9 in both landscape and portrait views. I can try testing on other Android 9 devices if you want me to.

Just updated both of my Wyze Cams and my iPhone 8 app with 1 Motion sensor and 1 contact sensor and everything is working well . The update went flawlessly. I updated the app first then updated both cameras. 1 camera didn’t find the SD card on first attempt , so I restarted the Camera via the app and it showed up that time.
Just thought I would share my good experience

Thanks for everybody’s hard work on these Awesome products :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

The updats didn’t do anything that would have benifiting good for me.
But I’m glad it did not do anything worst …just lost AI on all cams though.