Wyze App 2.30+, Wyze Switch Firmware 1.2.22, and Wyze Plug Firmware 1.2.0.206 Released! 5/11/22

Happy Wednesday, Forum Friends!

A new 2.30 app version is releasing with Shop improvements and a Wyze Cam Outdoor grouping bug fix for iOS! Wyze Switch 1.2.22 and Wyze Plug 1.2.0.206 are also going out with connectivity improvements and bug fixes. :tada:

Read our Release Notes:

4 Likes

This update on all my recorded videos asked me to upgrade to Cam plus to get longer than 12s recordings. All my cameras already are on Cam plus, so why is it asking me to upgrade?

7 Likes

version 2.30.1 (10) has issue with wyze cam outdoor cameras

1. none of advanced setting are showing
  2. sd card are not being detected
  3. performance is really bad when in camera setting, shows a spinning icon
  4. detection setting all are now at 1

also not getting full 12seconds recordings

5 Likes

After updating my app on iOS, my Wyze cam V3’s no longer have detection zone settings, it’s set to off and won’t turn on, no longer able to block out things setting off my cameras
Seems like night viewing on my V3 cameras changed also, not as bright as usual when lights came on
Also asking me to upgrade to cam plus, which I have

4 Likes

Thanks to all who have reported these new issues. I am happy I turned off auto updates on my Apple devices. I have already exceeded my WYZE “issues” quota for this month. :astonished:

6 Likes

Same issue

@WyzeBaohua

2 Likes

I noticed the exact same issue, this morning, after the app updated on my iPhone.

2 Likes

same here

1 Like

Oof. Thanks for the reports, everyone! I’ll send them to the team. Could you please send in logs for these?

Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log > Make sure you select your affected device and describe the issue in the description field. Giving the date, time, and time zone that you ran into the problem will help us locate the relevant area of the log more quickly!

Hi Gyzmo, I have found the issue as well. Let me report it to the dev team to fix it ASAP.

Thanks,

Xiaolong Chen

5 Likes

i have sent a couple of logs

1 Like

outdoor cams v1 lost detection settings, set to 1 and if I change it and go back in, still set to 1. PIR area also just shows blue / black screen. Ugh.

1 Like

Have an old android phone lying around and logged in with that, detection settings work just fine on that app with same camera.

Events no longer shows slider bar for time in vertical mode. It is there if you rotate phone horizontally.
Log ID: 574488

2 Likes

I had the same issue on iOS. I cleared the Wyze cache, logged out, restarted my device, logged back in and everything came back up as normal.

I’m guessing for me it was a glitch reading the “old” settings with the updated app (maybe). Who knows if I needed to complete all these steps, but it worked and everything is normal again.

2 Likes

Thanks. Tried all of this with no luck.

2 Likes

Why would we need to send the logs when the team just has to turn on a camera in the shop to see the same thing we are experiencing. Didn’t they test this update prior to release? How do issues like this go unnoticed?

5 Likes

same here tried the steps above and no luck

1 Like

None of the steps worked for me either. I’m so tired of issues with Wyze software based products!

2 Likes