Wyze App 2.29 Released! - 3/16/22

No idea. Wyze has not answered our questions concerning this issue. :pensive:

2 Likes

Agreed!

I cut some branches down yesterday, went into the app today to make a few changes to the detection zone and was surprised it didnā€™t rotate with the phone.

1 Like

Next Fix-it Fridayā€¦

Does anyone else hear the Jeopardy music or is it just me?

I got a bunch of small squares to select or deselect, really small in portrait mode. Used to go sideways a couple of updates ago.

1 Like

Awesome, Iā€™m glad you added an alternate field of view for the Doorbell Pro who donā€™t prefer the fish eye lens as much. Next step, adding motion detection zones for the Doorbell Pro!! Please!!

Question, is there any way to get (in app) notifications when a new version of the Wyze app is available?
Wyze is great at letting you know when a device needs new firmware, but nowhere I can find does the app let you know when it needs updating. Yes, I know you can set the app to auto-update in the Play store but a lot of people do not allow auto-update as a personal preference.
This would be just a nuisance but recently the roll-out of 2.29 seems to have broken my ability to download TL videos. I was on 2.28.2(111) and emails to support had me trying all sorts of shotgun approaches with no resolution. It wasnā€™t until I stumbled on this thread that I realized there was a new version so I gave it a try, even though there was nothing in the release notes that indicated it would solve my problem. Updating to 2.29 fixed my problem but I canā€™t imagine I am the only one experiencing problems with ā€œoldā€ versions of the app. Heck at this point I would accept a spam email from Wyze with app update notifications, but that just seems like a heavy handed solution when a much simpler one exists.
Thoughts?

Issue with Sense Hub v2 or the App.

Log # from Android: 515830
Hub FW: 4.32.8.213
Android App Version: 2.29.0.114

@R.Good asked me to check on something and I noticed it as well. Might be a little different but bottom line, I cannot scroll through all sensors on Android when accessing the Sense Hub v2. In addition, the Sensor Order is different in comparison to iOS.

Here is the info

On Android, I cannot scroll through all of the sensors. Image provided shows the top of one of the sensors (arrow pointing to it) and when I try to go to it, the spinning icon appears but nothing changes. I cannot scroll through the entire list of 33 sensors on Android:

Hidden Sensor ---------------------Spining GIF at bottom

iOS is another story, I can scroll through all 33 sensors without issue.

4 Likes

One way to get a Wyze app-specific notificationā€¦

If you set Play Store to Auto Update all apps, then deselect auto update for the Wyze app from its page in Play Store:

You should get a Play Store notification specifying that a Wyze app update is pending your approval when it becomes available.

3 Likes

I cannot scroll to the bottom of the list too on Android 2.29.0.114. Log 516359. I can do so on Android 2.28.0.102 app though.

1 Like

Iā€™m hearing a lot of jeopardy music, and a few pointless cameras hung around my placeā€¦

That sounds more like App Store Jepardy! and looks more like an App Store Snafu.

You can also get the app from a mirror.

Check out APKMirror courtesy of @carverofchoice

The Google Play store shows your app as unavailable for my new Lenovo YT-K606F Yoga Tab 13.
Please explain why your app canā€™t run on Lenovoā€™s best tablet with a Snapdragon 870, 8GB ram, and Android 12. Thank you.

Try sideloading?