Wyze App 2.29 Released! - 3/16/22

U da best! :+1:

Thanks!

I’ll check this and get it fixed

2 Likes

THANK YOU! Appreciate the update! :hugs:

I noticed a similar behavior after doing firmware updates yesterday. Didn’t occur to me at the time that this might be attributable to the app…:man_shrugging:t2:

This was posted by @gregandrene in another topic:

My eyesight is bad enough. Squinting at all those little boxes and using my fat fingers is not productive.

Is there a reason you took away the ability to edit the detection zone in landscape on Android? Can we have it back?

Thx.

1 Like

That wishlist item started in March 2019. The previous app version HAD this ability. It was already developed and released to the public.

Is there some reason it is now gone?

No idea. Wyze has not answered our questions concerning this issue. :pensive:

2 Likes

Agreed!

I cut some branches down yesterday, went into the app today to make a few changes to the detection zone and was surprised it didn’t rotate with the phone.

1 Like

Next Fix-it Friday…

Does anyone else hear the Jeopardy music or is it just me?

I got a bunch of small squares to select or deselect, really small in portrait mode. Used to go sideways a couple of updates ago.

1 Like

Awesome, I’m glad you added an alternate field of view for the Doorbell Pro who don’t prefer the fish eye lens as much. Next step, adding motion detection zones for the Doorbell Pro!! Please!!

Question, is there any way to get (in app) notifications when a new version of the Wyze app is available?
Wyze is great at letting you know when a device needs new firmware, but nowhere I can find does the app let you know when it needs updating. Yes, I know you can set the app to auto-update in the Play store but a lot of people do not allow auto-update as a personal preference.
This would be just a nuisance but recently the roll-out of 2.29 seems to have broken my ability to download TL videos. I was on 2.28.2(111) and emails to support had me trying all sorts of shotgun approaches with no resolution. It wasn’t until I stumbled on this thread that I realized there was a new version so I gave it a try, even though there was nothing in the release notes that indicated it would solve my problem. Updating to 2.29 fixed my problem but I can’t imagine I am the only one experiencing problems with “old” versions of the app. Heck at this point I would accept a spam email from Wyze with app update notifications, but that just seems like a heavy handed solution when a much simpler one exists.
Thoughts?

Issue with Sense Hub v2 or the App.

Log # from Android: 515830
Hub FW: 4.32.8.213
Android App Version: 2.29.0.114

@R.Good asked me to check on something and I noticed it as well. Might be a little different but bottom line, I cannot scroll through all sensors on Android when accessing the Sense Hub v2. In addition, the Sensor Order is different in comparison to iOS.

Here is the info

On Android, I cannot scroll through all of the sensors. Image provided shows the top of one of the sensors (arrow pointing to it) and when I try to go to it, the spinning icon appears but nothing changes. I cannot scroll through the entire list of 33 sensors on Android:

Hidden Sensor ---------------------Spining GIF at bottom

iOS is another story, I can scroll through all 33 sensors without issue.

4 Likes

One way to get a Wyze app-specific notification…

If you set Play Store to Auto Update all apps, then deselect auto update for the Wyze app from its page in Play Store:

You should get a Play Store notification specifying that a Wyze app update is pending your approval when it becomes available.

3 Likes

I cannot scroll to the bottom of the list too on Android 2.29.0.114. Log 516359. I can do so on Android 2.28.0.102 app though.

1 Like

I’m hearing a lot of jeopardy music, and a few pointless cameras hung around my place…

That sounds more like App Store Jepardy! and looks more like an App Store Snafu.

You can also get the app from a mirror.

Check out APKMirror courtesy of @carverofchoice

The Google Play store shows your app as unavailable for my new Lenovo YT-K606F Yoga Tab 13.
Please explain why your app can’t run on Lenovo’s best tablet with a Snapdragon 870, 8GB ram, and Android 12. Thank you.

Try sideloading?