Wyze App 2.28, Wyze Cam v2/Pan Firmware, Wyze Cam Pan v2 Firmware Release

We have some updates releasing today!
Wyze App 2.28 introduces a reimagined Shop tab with exclusive discounts and order tracking available in-app. This update also adds the ability to group different lighting products and list multiple contact numbers for Wyze Home Monitoring.
We also have updates rolling out for Wyze Cam v2, Wyze Cam Pan, and Wyze Cam Pan v2 which include a number of bug fixes.
:memo: Check out the Release Notes for more info:

11 Likes

If you want to compare live view and playback on your V2s and PansV1, I noticed a drastic drop of about 40% in quality (bitrates)when you switch in playback viewing with these firmwares updates.

@WyzeBaohua

Exit/Entry Delay Bug on Shared device

Not sure if this is where I post a bug but I noticed there is a small bug in production. The Home Exit Delay and Away Entry Delay values are swapped in the Home Monitoring Settings when viewing from shared user account. Both devices (primary account and shared user) are running v2.28.0.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more info

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this release announcement for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar posts.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @roblpetty!

Nice Find, I can validate, however this only seems to be happening on Android. iOS shows the settings appropriately in my test.

Host Settings

Shared Settings
Android -------------iOS

Tagging @WyzeBaohua for visibility.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this issue. Our HMS PM is looking at this issue now.

3 Likes

Another one @WyzeBaohua

Cam Plus Settings on the Event Recording Page is still named as “Cam Plus AI Detection” and Shows as Smart Detection (New Name) on the Event Recording Page in the iOS App.
iOS

Android
Android Shows as Smart Detection on Both Pages

Identified in discussion with @Seapup

4 Likes

Just got through updating the firmware on four Pan Cam1 cameras and six V2 Cameras. All went well.
The new 30 second skip on the SD playback reminds me of my TIVO !
Thanks Wyze!

3 Likes

Thanks! Does this issue happen on both iOS and Android 2.28 official app?

1 Like

Yes. The Screen Shots were taken from iOS Ver 2.28.0 (a11) and Android Ver 2.20 (102)
Where the iOS Ver 2.28.0 (a11) Event Recording Page Displays Cam Plus AI detection instead of Smart Detection

After a deeper dive I found discrepancies per Camera, assuming all Items once labeled as CAM Plus AI Detection should be Smart Detection

iOS 2.28.0(a11)
CAM Plus AI Detection Shows on:
Wyze Camera V3 - Event Recording Page
VDBP - Event Recording Page

Smart Detection Shows on:
Wyze Camera V2
Cam Pan V2
Cam Pan V1
Video DoorBell
WCO

Android Ver 2.28.0 (102)
CAM Plus AI Detection Shows on:
VDBP - Event Recording Page

Smart Detection Shows on:
Wyze Camera V2
Wyze Camera V3
Cam Pan V1
Cam Pan V2
Video Doorbell
WCO

Thank You

2 Likes

Still hasn’t fixed the pink flash issue on my V2’s and Pan camera’s!

omg

I have seen bit rate drops a few weeks ago.

Since Wyze released both firmware and App at tge sane time for V2, do we know which is which causing the problem?

Sould I update? or wait for another update cycle?

It is a firmware issue. Don’t have this issue on my V3s. I have sent a message to @WyzeBaohua this morning to see what is going on.

From what he will tell me, I could to go back to the firmware level to demonstrate from which version this problem appeared. For the moment, I don’t feel like wasting my time for nothing. I’m waiting for his answer.

Should you update? Apart from this small problem, everything works fine. Most users will not notice this issue. Those who will notice it will be playing with the zoom and in low light conditions. Then they will look at the drop in bitrates and they will see a correlation.

These 2 firmwares are installed in 8V2s and 3 Pans. No other problems. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

+1 … on my V2s with the up-to-date firmware 4.9.8.860 willy_nilly My V2s with the old firmware 4.9.8.501 has the same bitrate whether showing live or playback.

1 Like

What id the version of this one?

See my updated post.

1 Like

I will only have version 49.8.746 (December 20, 2021) which has been paused to try. Thank you!:slightly_smiling_face: