Wyze App 2.24 Released! - 9/1/21

First impressions…

PRO

1. Seems like snappier video response when connecting to cams on both Wi-Fi and mobile data. CAVEAT - Still get periodic errant individual cam connection failures when viewing groups, even when cams are fully operational & online w/no Net issues.

CON

1. The new non-color bulb interface is needlessly complex in my opinion. Much preferred the simple slider bars per bulb. The color temp wheel is imprecise and prone to inadvertent changes. Allowing text input of absolute Kelvin values for color temperature would mitigate this somewhat. Power/brightness control is TERRIBLE. Why would this be considered an improvement over individual power buttons… :thinking: ?? The new implementation doesn’t seem to update to reflect settings for individual bulbs when check-selecting amongst them… another invitation to inadvertent changes. Instead, it seems to remember the last overall bulb/setting chosen. I get the idea of group bulb selection, but can’t this be better achieved by standard groups on the main screen instead of a clumsy bulb selector bar?

2. Lingering is the issue where after successfully viewing one group of cams, switching over to another group hangs the app. Invariably, I have to exit the app and reopen it in order to view the second group without connection lag.

Leaving the current version on my phone but disabling Wyze app auto-updates on tablet yet again as a failsafe. Good technology simplifies and doesn’t complicate… Just sayin :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I would very much prefer leave it the way it was, for the non color bulbs

2 Likes

Too much caffeine in the millennial keurig brews or just restless fiddling joneses? :grin:

I can recommend a few naturopathic calming supplements for the latter… :wink:

Not working for me either!

2.24.23,… no lock icon on my doorbell page either.

Found this on Reddit:

Found it. Go into the doorbell settings, choose accessories, then add a new accessory and choose the lock.

1 Like

When you go to create or edit a Rule, do you see the days of the week represented like this, when you set the time condition:

or do you have Check boxes? If you have check boxes you are still on the old Rules Engine which may be why you are not seeing sunset and sunris.

No check boxes. Installed IOS 2.24.34. But no option to set schedule to Sunrise/Sunset as shown in @Newshound post 12 of this thread. Don’t think option is available to all users at this point. Still no love from Wyze today.

…same for me as Todwatts, so back to my original question, Does anyone know when everyone will get the sunset/sunrise option rolled out? Maybe someone at Wyze knows the schedule?

@QiS , is the sunset and sunrise feature released to everyone yet or only some testers?

As you can see from the previous entries above, a question is being raised about when it will be available.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi @spamoni sorry for the late reply, I’m out of the office recently and will read the topic today. It’s open to part of you and will be open to everyone in the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Perhaps next time, if you are going to use a staggered roll-out of a much wanted feature such as Sunrise/Sunset, Wyze will keep it under its hat so that the rest of us don’t feel like we’re left out … after we spend hours trying to figure out why we can’t get Sunrise/Sunset to work.

Just a thought. As I said, I’m not feeling the love from Wyze lately.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought that may be the case

Hi @todwatts Sorry for the inconvenience, we’ll improve our “What’s new” and do our best to make the feature available to everyone.

1 Like

Hear hear. I was literally repelled (emotionally) and didn’t even fiddle with it. So that says something, I suppose. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I lobby once more in my very lost cause (dam Alexa!(which achieves the effect i think and to which I shall never accede nor subscribe))

Yes, it makes me wince as well. Truly a problem to a solution that was never needed.

Dealing with bulbs has become like being in a museum where I am afraid to touch anything for fear of breakage.

I detect whiffs of Microsoft accompanying this premature escape from beta testing confinement.

1 Like

Just ran into an error with Cam Plus settings thats new after this update;

1 Like

Yes, that is the word. :+1:

1 Like

iOS app 2.24.34 MIcrophone pop up. Why do I get this request to access the microphone every morning when I first open the app? It happens just once every day .

1 Like