Wyze App 2.24 Beta Test (Android); Wyze Cam v3 Beta Test 8/23/2021

@WyzeBaohua , happened again today. Here is my log for the connection issue: 284044

Happened around 2:50pm Eastern Time on my Driveway Camera Again.

1 Like

I am flashed back to production firmware and one hour in so far so good I will report in 24 hours.

2 Likes

I agree, 4.36.4.24 was most stable release Beta of late. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How do I update to THAT version " 4.36.4.24" now?

Its not possible, you either have to run the current beta or the most recent (or earlier) production. They do not keep previous beta versions up for download.

2 Likes

Obviously they should so we can roll back when problems exist. And you should be able to pick firmware’s to install in the app.

All the best,

Joe

2 Likes

Happened to have kept a copy on a uSD card. Best suggestion is jump out of Beta for now and use the release production software (linked here)
You can go back to the newer Beta version once it becomes available.

3 Likes

It’s a bad idea to keep old betas up as they almost always have issues.

2 Likes

Many new error codes this afternoon with one of my V3(4.36.5.58). With so many reboots, I’m not surprised.:smirk: Log sent.

Since I tested betas, I would say this one is the worst of all

@WyzeBaohua

2 Likes

Yep this has been a bad firmware! Hopefully a new one will come out soon.

2 Likes

Remember guys, it is beta software, there will be bugs

4 Likes

Hi Seapup. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your testing and analysis. For your V3s running 4.36.5.58, could you PM me some SD card log after you see the rebooting issue with the corresponding MAC of that device. Also, could you send me a screenshot of the Playback page that shows the time periods of rebooting.

To get the SD card log, you can pop out the SD card and re-insert it into the camera. After two chime sound you can take out the SD card. On a PC/Mac with a SD card adapter, please put your card inside and send me the log_XXXX.txt file under SD card root directory.

Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Hi gyzmo. Thank you for posting the issue. Could you also send me a SD card log of that V3 after you see the rebooting issue?

To get the SD card log, you can pop out the SD card and re-insert it into the camera. After two chime sound you can take out the SD card. On a PC/Mac with a SD card adapter, please put your card inside and send me the log_XXXX.txt file under SD card root directory.

Thank you!

3 Likes

It may be a while before I can send the SD logs. Best example cams are mounted to side of house 3 stories up from the ground. Trying to prep house and yard for pending storm damage (Ida). I will get them to you though. :+1:

3 Likes

If I could climb my ladder, I would have installed a previous firmware version last week in my two V3s. I hurt my knee and it’s still a week or two to have to be careful. If it’s really important, I’ll give it a shot on the lower camera.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! Really appreciate that!

I have a test Camera in doors, I will see if it is having the same issue. if so, I can pull the logs for you and send them. With a bum knee, @gyzmo should be careful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much! :pray:

Don’t thank me yet. :slight_smile:

Will need to see if I can get it

@Seapup @gyzmo - do you do Continuous recording? I do event tracking on the card. Want to set mine up the same to get the logs to @bzhu, assuming I can get it.

3 Likes