Wyze App 2.2 Launched - Camera grouping and multiple view

From the group/ multi-camera view. Tap the live view Then tap The box with the arrow at the bottom to bring that one to the full screen.

2 Likes

Trickster:

From the single camera view in portrait (with your head turned sideways), tap the closed box icon in the upper right to rotate to landscape. Then tap the back button, upper left to return to four cam view in landscape. To undo this, go back to single camera view, and tap the open box icon top right.

Excellent instructions, that did the trick.

Tom

2 Likes

Hm, can I be a bit negative over how this feature has been designed/implemented?
Simul streaming is a great feature - but after having created a group (in my case called “Home”), the “freeze frame” of individual cameras really should be still be visible on that start page (as before).
Hence, you EITHER go to the group and watch all cameras in a group, OR you go directly to one of the cameras (like before).

Hopefully this makes sense. So for now, I have actually gone back a deleted the group so I can see - with direct access - each individual camera.

This on iOS12.2 and Wyze 2.2.40

1 Like

Really need to hear the sound when in the new group mode. Obviously, enabling the sound on all cameras isn’t appropriate. Why not turn on sound for the specific camera when you:

1. Click on the camera desired. At this point nothing happens unless you click on the expand to full image size icon.
  2. Enable the sound on that camera if it had previously been enabled in full-screen mode.
  3. Or/And - provide an option similar to the full-screen icon where you can enable the sound.

I frequently depend upon sound when viewing cameras, and don’t want to waste time flipping between multiple modes to do it.

You can vote for that here:

Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top.

You can vote for that here:

Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top.

1 Like

Done - even though I think those suggestions might be expanding on it too much, making it overly complex (like fix something that wasn’t broken before). Individual cameras “freeze frames” as before - and an image or name of group (no need to “expand” group until actually opening it - group name should tell enough of what’s in there).

There are users with upwards of 20 cameras. The ability to collapse the group’s display of thumbnails is needed by those users. If you don’t need the group collapsed, you would just leave it expanded.

How about posting visual examples of how the new features work or what they do??
I have NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS

• Added the ability to create camera groups
  • Added the ability to stream multiple Wyze Cams at once through groups

Please see the Grouping section of this Support article.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022543292-Wyze-Cam-User-s-Guide

2 Likes

This is an excellent and very useful feature, tks. And it works well with the home/away feature. I did not have any issues with grouping or setting home/away, Both of these make managing and viewing much more convenient.

I’ve been critical of the Wyze app…but this is an amazing update. Now…let’s get home/away mode in the next update :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Grouping is great. But there needs to be a way to quickly enlarge any one of the cameras in landscape mode maybe via double tap or tapping upper right rectangular icon.

That’s how it works on mine once I’m in group mode.
Tap two or three times about the center bottom of the picture.

I tried to tap bottom of each camera but it doesn’t bring up the large landscape view. All I see is the rectangular with arrow button which brings me to the small live view page. There should be a way to quickly bring up the large landscape view from the group. Not zooming.

You can vote for multi user geofencing here:

In the mean time, you can use IFTTT together with Life360 to accomplish this.

In landscape view (four cameras per screen), when you tap the “arrow out of the box” icon, it should bring you to full screen landscape view for that one camera. If not, please post some screenshots of what you’re seeing.

I absolutely LOVE the new ‘groups’ option! I had found a work around using TinyCam and now I don’t have to. Now I’ll have to show my Mom how to use it. :wink:

1 Like

Perfect! Love Wyze! Thank you for prompt reply. It works perfectly !

1 Like

This is a good step.
I would love to be able to see all of the individual cameras on the home screen, though.
I hate that grouping them removes the individual ones.

2 Likes