Wyze App 2.2 Launched - Camera grouping and multiple view

Grouping the cameras works great. I have many set up at different houses and properties. Makes it easy to quickly see what is happening there. In my opinion it is a very welcome upgrade.

2 Likes

Great news! Waiting for it to roll out on iOS. I know that can be a slower process with Apple at times.

1 Like

This is a major step forward, really needed it, works great! Thanks!!

I am like a little child, give me some cake and I want some ice cream to go with it. Would like to assign cameras into multiple groups.

2 Likes

Have been waiting for the multi-camera live view. You just earned yourself 2 more cam purchases from me! :+1:

4 Likes

Really!! Can it get any better than this??? This update is HUGE!

I’m soooo happy with WYZE.

5 Likes

@WyzeRoy
When you are viewing the simultaneous stream of two devices, has anyone noticed that the time looks blurrier, pixelated in the bottom right-hand corner in simultaneous stream for wyzecam v2 but when I look at the camera individually, then the time is clear. Both are set to HD. I noticed that the time is only pixelated for the wyzecam v2 cameras in simultaneous streaming. The wyzecam v1 and wyzecam pan times are displayed without pixelation just like when you view them individually.

Is this a bug that can be fixed?

Also, if anyone is interested in filtering events by group. This is a plug to get it moved into the roadmap.

Thanks

Thank you for pointing it out. Due to some bandwidth and stability concerns, right now we are forcing the cameras in multiple view using 360P on Cam V2 and Pan. This has no impact on the settings in the individual camera, so when transitting to the individual camera, it still sticks to the previous bitrate setting.

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. So that’s why the time is blurrier on the v2. I think the pan shows the time clearer because maybe it has better picture quality due to the older sensor.

Thank you so much WYZE. First turning off the IR Lights for through window users, and now multiple viewing in groups. Thank you so much, and looking forward to the future!

And for those of you that tried this with more than 3 cameras and didnt accidentally til your phone sideways, WATCH OUT!! yer gonna be REALLY happy you did.

2 Likes

Great job guys! Cheers!

Fantastic feature!!! Now, please make Max Drive record in Real Time (no lag!). Without it – expensive paper weight.

I’m thinking your Max Drive comment might be more visible here. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I will!

This is a feature that I’ve been waiting for since I reached the 4-camera level.

Now, is there a way to see all 4 cameras at once in horizontal view on my new 12.9" iPad Pro?

Tom

When I put my Amazon Fire 10 in landscape mode I can get 4 cams on screen.

Have you tried turning your iPad like a steering wheel 45 degrees?

Thanks, that worked . . . Since my iPad Pro is horizontal on a stand, is there a button that can be pressed to activate this?

Tom

I use my Pro horizontally on a T-stand myself, 100% of the time. It’s a bit of a pain always tapping those tiny buttons on individually cams to get the right orientation etc.

They don’t seem to have a button to make all the cams fit horizontally, yet.

I wish Wyze would make the UI features better in horizontal mode, as it seems many of us use our devices this way.

1 Like

Unclear as to whether you guys are using different terminology to describe the same thing, but typically horizonal=landscape=long side bottom=4 cams

vertical=portrait=short side bottom=cams one over another

1 Like