Wyze App 2.17 and Wyze Cam Outdoor/Base Station Firmware Released - 1/26/21

This sounds like a regression. It used to behave like that on way older Wyze Apps.

Go into your WCO cam’s Settings (gear icon on the cam’s Live Stream view) > Detection Settings > Detection Zone

If you don’t see this setting, your app and/or firmware are not up to date. If you’re running the latest production app and firmware, your version numbers should be:

Wyze Android app: 2.17.7
Wyze iOS app: 2.17.21
WCO cam firmware: 4.17.1.019
WCO base firmware: 4.16.1.7

2 Likes

I have a spare WCO cam and base to play with. I’ll try setting it up via WiFi late today or if not today, this weekend.

1 Like

Don’t think so. Need to plug it in to setup; thereafter WiFi is enabled and you can unplug and be wireless.

2 Likes

Few issues withis version of app

1. still cannot play events.

2. Wyze app take control of your phone? permission.

What isbthe purpose of full control of user phone

Updated to the newest IOS app and WCO firmware. Can’t get the base station to connect to my router. Every time I am asked in Device Info for my network name is says Failed. Same 2 gig network everything else Wyze is on.

Can I chose the 5.1gig channel?

Any ideas community?

There is No 5ghz hardware inside Wyze product.

you need to turn off 5ghz in your router andbtry.

Brute force for the win!! Thanks for the clarification on the 5 gig. Restarted the app and just kept trying and trying with the 2.0. Magically it took!

It’s a slow transition from wired to wifi but eventually you’ll be able to see your camera feed. It’s definitely not quick, but working so far.

It should be backward compatible. Since the update the app no longer works on my Android device. I now had to install the app in my spouses phone to install any of the products. Very disappointed in the upgrade.

For reference, what version of Android are you running that no longer works with the Wyze app?

Maybe WYZE needs to hire some people that know how to test applications or maybe they need to pay their QA team better or maybe they need to quit rushing to release new versions? This seems like something that should have easily been caught. Heck, I caught it within an hour of upgrading for goodness sakes.

Android Version 9 on RCA tablet.

It might be a good idea to make a website that works with anyone that wants to load or add a Wyze device.

Most of us would love browser support. Not sure where Wyze is going with that.

What type of error were you seeing that indicates that the app no longer works on your tablet? And did you attempt to contact customer support of submit a problem report?

I’m having issues getting camera feeds to load reliably in the new app on Android. Gets stuck at Connecting Camera (1/3) frequently, requiring a force close of the app (sometimes repeatedly).

I could not get the update to work on it. I checked on Google Play and it states 'no longer available on this device.".

1 Like

Ugh… I feel your pain. :neutral_face: You have two options…

1. Report your issue to Wyze Customer Support and wait for a fix/resolution.
    Wyze Customer Support: (206) 339-9646
    Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT
    Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
    or via the Internet at: https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2. Try side-loading the Wyze app to your tablet. If you need help doing this, let me know. Even if you go this route, you should still contact customer support so the issue gets resolved. You don’t want to rely on side-loading for every future Wyze app update.

Thanks very much, usually my phone automatically updates the apps, that was the issue. I guess the update hadn’t been out long enough for my phone to have updated it. I updated the app and all looks good.

1 Like

Really? I never have seen anything about a particular order to update. I got lucky I suppose being I did my cameras first. I’ll definitely be keeping a eye out in the future updates.

1 Like

Glad I could be of help. :+1:

Not getting notifications on either of my outdoor cams or anything recording with my cam plus.

I don’t have an address card in the base either.

I’ve updated both outdoor cams and the base.

Any help or suggestions.