Wyze App 2.12 and Wyze Bulb Firmware 1.2.0.273 Released! - 7/29/20

Updated to 2.12 app on my Tablet. ( ASUS C7.0 x86, 1gb, Android 5.)
but have not updated the firmware for V2. (not dare until sd card stirage disappeared issue fixed)

It seems working but the app is slower than before. in fact, my tablet is slower to start Wyze app.
It stays in blue / blank. screen for 15 to 30 secs before seeing home page.
the swipe left and right for events is working now. (bug fixed)

CmC plus popup.

Notification is still a Dud. no notifications

@UserCustomerGwen just wanted to let you know in case you didnā€™t see I posted in the other forum, after turning my VPN off on my phone I was able to view my devices. Working with @TinaC to find out why the VPN was making my devices show as none.

2 Likes

Tell the community more about your tablet ā€¦ age, manufacturer, model, memory, operating system, etc.

As reported in another thread, promised Fitbit integration for Wyze Scale not present in the 3rd party apps on Android. Only shows Google Fit. Other new features working fine. Others reporting the same issue.

Updated.

Also the bit rate showing on top left corner screen is lower than last version of app.

Fitbit now showing in 3rd party apps. Looks like it took a while to roll out.

No problems with Windscribe VPN.

Tonite, trying to watch an event. just froze.
going to sd card.
error- trying to authenticate 3/3. just freeze.

This version of App a big step backward except it fixed the slideing forward or backward events.

just horrible.

edit: submitted log 30419

I have 3 Pan Cam

2x living room, Motion Tag no longer working & SD (on event) /CMC+ not working

1x bedroom , Motion Tag no longer working & SD (on event)/CMC+ not working

The one in the living has a problem with the view playback
When i switch to view playback i hear music (tuning radio effect)

I have 2 Wyze Cam and both are working flawlessly.
So far no reply from the support team.

Bug - When using filters in events, I canā€™t get tot the very last event in the list as seen here

(it keeps bouncing up, so canā€™t select last event)

Same issue. I have a Google pixel 3a and there is still no update on the Google Play store. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the wyze app numerous times as well without any success.

1 Like

FYI, I have a Pixel 3a, my carrier is ATT. I have the 2.12 update installed, and I can see it in the app store.

Also installed to my Samsung Tab, v2.12.29

What do you mean by ā€œattached sensor bridgeā€?

That sounds like youā€™ve DIRECTLY attached a bridge to a door sensor.

Or do you simply mean the bridge that the door sensor is attached through?

I wonder if itā€™s not showing up because im in Canadaā€¦ Maybe?

Itā€™s likely thereā€™s some localization, that could be the problem. You can start a chat with Wyze and ask them.

Iā€™m having this problem now with a group of 3 bulbs. I canā€™t reconnect them after the firmware update.

Iā€™m also having trouble with bulbs in a particular socket. I started a thread on that.

You encountered the same issue that Iā€™ve noted, which is that the Wyze Sensor Bridge needs the Wyze Cam that itā€™s plugged into to be fully booted (i.e. solid blue light) BEFORE the Sensor Bridge is plugged into it, if itā€™s not the very first time you install the bridge.

After installing the bridge, if you remove power from the cam, and plug it back in, the bridge never fully boots (i.e. solid yellow instead of solid blue LED). Power failures cause the same problem. The solution is to let the cam fully boot (solid blue light), then unplug the sensor bridge and plug it back in. The sensor bridge will then boot (solid blue), and your sensors will be all back online.

Does this happen every time? I donā€™t know, but Iā€™ve seen it happen at least 3 times. Does it happen for all versions of bridge and cam hardware, and firmware? No idea, but probably not. My cam is a v2 on the latest firmware and is was purchased recently, so itā€™s likely the latest hardware. Same goes for my bridge. Earlier models may or may not exhibit this problem.

IMO, itā€™s a bug, because any power failure results in all your sensors being offline. If youā€™re remote from the location, youā€™re out of luck, because the app doesnā€™t let you reboot the bridge independently of the camera. Thatā€™s why when you rebooted the cam it didnā€™t work. Hopefully, this will get fixed in the future.

1 Like

It occurs often enough that I put as many cameras on a UPS as I can. Where it is not feasible, I have to usually pull the bridge and insert it back. No big deal because I know what to expect, but a person new to the nuances of Wyze products might get frustrated!
You can turn the light off on the bridge, but you cannot restart it independent of the camera like you said unfortunately.

1 Like

I mean the sensor bridge that the door/motion sensors connect to (on the back of the cameras).
Further down in this thread PBANDERS explains this phenomena.
I know Wyze cautions us that these cameras/sensors/bulbs are not security products, but when you start selling door locks, you have crossed into the security realm.