Wyze App 2.11 Released! - 6/10/20

Ok, I see some good changes but the Recent Events icons are too small to see what’s going on. On a phone and pad, it’s too small. Not good and if it stays that way, I’ll be looking to get rid of 10 cameras because of an app update. Not happy.

3 Likes

The developers seem to have trouble understanding that contrast is important.
Note: User are not always in an office. We go outside into the environment where the sun shines some days. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Purportedly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bring back the person filter to the top of the events page. So much better to be able to toggle that without having to go to another page. Everything else looks good but that was a downgrade.

3 Likes

i like the general look/feel of the new events UI, but a couple of things i think could be better:
in the new UI, if i delete the event recording it stays on the screen until i pull down and refresh. the old way where deleting the recording just removed it from the event list was better. having the filters on the event screen instead of a seperate filter menu was less clicks to get to where we wanted to see also. And maybe a request (might go post in wishlist). can we get a way of selecting multiple events and deleting instead of having to go into every single one? I get a lot of false positive motion detection from shadows of trees and want to bulk delete so i can easily find real events that pop up.

2 Likes

replying to myself: looks like the “select multiple events” for delete is there… i don’t remember seeing it before. i like how that is implemented, straightforward UI for it.

Am I the only one that thinks the “Events” area is much more cluttered now? No need to separate by the hour with the exact time next the each event. The little image of a person took up much less space then the work “Person”. The event thumbs seam smaller. And why do I now have to return all the way to the top of the events to “Select All”? Changes are good when and if they’re needed. I’d really like to go back 2 versions and stay there… Bug fixes great. All the cosmetic changes???

3 Likes

Perhaps I’m missing it but my notifications went away with the new update. I am on IOS13. My neighbor’s is not working as well and she has an Android. Any ideas?

1 Like

A lot of users have asked for dark mode. I haven’t read any threads complaining about the old Events tab. There may be some, i just haven’t seen them because I had no problem with it other than the stark white, no contrast, theme of the app overall.

1 Like

This version is asking for more permissions.
The permission list is foot long.
Myself worries more on giving away so many permissions of my device than other features.

Thumbnails need to be bigger please

3 Likes

Maybe they should give users an option in the settings where you can choose to have bigger thumbnails (less thumbnails on a page) or smaller thumbnails (more thumbnails). I think it’s nice to have more thumbnails on a page, but I agree it is too small now.

There’s an old wishlist topic on this.

3 Likes

… a LOT bigger. Previous versions have all had tons of wasted space while viewing on an iPad, but now it’s even worse. Love the cameras, and the app for the most part, but please, don’t force me to buy a pair of reading glasses.

3 Likes

@jls4wheeler I guess we have to vote for the person filter to come back to the events homepage…

4 Likes

Saw the update today. I love your cams, I tell people aout them often - but this update is disappointing. Like a LOT of people, I am gettting older - the thumbnails were already hard to see, they’re almost useless now. I literally have to use +6 glasses to make sense of them. The bold print before was nice - If I looked at the clip it changed and I could tell which ones I had already viewed. Also, I don’t like having to scroll all the way back up to change filters.

4 Likes

THIS. I miss being able to just click Person without the steps.

4 Likes

Just updated, I’m very impressed. It’s lightning fast now and the events tab is very well done.

Reading glasses to find your stylus… or stylus to poke around for misplaced reading glasses. How about a Sense implementation to determine if your glasses are snugged on top of your head or not. Does 3M sticky tape hold to bald head skin? :wink:

3 Likes

The app is super bright at night like a flashlight , too much white no good. Dark theme needed

6 Likes

Agreed.

“We hates the light, it burns us”

:grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes