Wyze App 2.10 Released - 4/21/20

Hi…
It’s great that the new app version has 2-step verification…but when is 2-step being implemented when logging into the website?

What would that do other than being annoying?

If having your account more secured is annoying to you then I dont know what to tell y a… lol

What could anyone get from your Wyze account?

1 Like

they can change your password if they can get access to your web account. - if you have credit card store there, they can also get access to that… just to name a few.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I was thinking of the forum login. I never use the Wyze web site.

1 Like

FWIW, running two Nexus 7 (2013) tablets, I’d been hunkered down on V2.6.42 because it worked better for me than subsequent versions. Howeverrrrrr… All of the characteristics objectionable to me seem to have been corrected, so… as of today, I am running the current release app and firmware on both tablets. Huzzah! :slight_smile:

ref:

1 Like

Yes, I just took the plunge upgrade to latest App.
but my firmware on V2 still Anori.
It seems working fine except loading 12 sec event is slower. but no big issue to me.
Playback from SD is slightly faster.
use to be took 3~4sec to play 1 sec of clip. now is probably 1.5 sec to play 1 sec of clip. edit: i have hardware decoder ON. why is better.

Person detection is working.
I do not have to change any setup except now there is option for hardware decoder. I turned it ON.
Seems no issue with SD card .

edit…no more 3 dots at the top right corner​:person_raising_hand::person_raising_hand::person_raising_hand:

I will wait a bit before upgrade the firmware to .111

great job Wyze team.:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Oh, I have one gripe, never presented it before, has always been this way, so here it is.

V2, whether I have a single notification waiting to be tapped, or several, when I tap any one, the app opens, plays the 12-sec cloud clip.

After watching, I cannot simply swipe to the next clip. I must back out to the in-app list of events, choose one, and thereafter I can swipe back and forth between events at will.

Can it be “fixed”? :slight_smile:

Browse a bit in the new App version and the wifi signal for device info is No longer displaying in % strength. just a few little bars.
not sure how to interpret it. Max is 5 bars or 6 bars?

Ah, yes. Cam Liveview | Gear icon | Device info. Yeah, definitely more vague as bars.

Also, as with the previous % strength display, it is not dynamic but a static sampling at the time the Device info menu is accessed? Back out and then back in and you may get a markedly different reading.

DELETING cam GROUPS resolved some problems written before.

I noticed that most of the problems are with the cameras in a group. Did you delete the camera groups and are not not using groups anymore or did you rebuild the groups to correct the issues, I love my camera groups but with this version, it is not doing much good to me.

Audio in camera groups appears to be broken (IOS). :frowning:

I actually like the idea of being able to swipe between events. :+1:

Rebuilding the groups brings back the problems. I will wait the next update to create my groups again. I have 10 cameras.

Yeah, I keep a tablet horizontal in a stand, so when I tap a notification, the app opens, reorients to landscape mode, and displays the event fullscreen.

When I back-out from that non-swipable-event, the app first reorients to its default portrait mode screen for event viewing, I back-out once more to get the event list. So one extra step than most phone users (in portrait mode) must do.

Such a bother. :wink:

ok I’m new but EVERY POST regarding using the app and support says touch the 3 dots in the upper corner

the app appears to now use a different icon/command

rendering 90% of the support posts as useless

I have been trying to accomplish a simple task for an hour

mike

Since you didn’t tell us what the task was, tap the pencil?

Hi Mike,

Yep a recent change occurred in the app. What do you need help with?