Wyze Alexa Skill ......how soon before supported by Amazon Fire Stick? UPDATE - SOLVED!

On the page for the Wyze Alexa Skill on Amazon it says:

“Fire TV stick is not currently supported. It will be supported soon.”

How soon might soon be, days or weeks ? (hopefully not months)

I just got a Wyze camera delivered today and it works fine thru the android app, and Alexa was able to discover it on my network doing a scan, but the live feed is not available on my TV using a 2nd Generation non-4K Fire stick that I bought back in February this year.

Even though the Wyze Alexa skill page said “Fire TV stick is not currently supported. It will be supported soon.” I still tried just in case it was now supported but that page wasn’t updated yet,

Wyze is now supported on Firestick Gen 2+. See this:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012424431-How-do-I-use-Alexa-with-my-Wyze-Cam-

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply Rick it is appreciated, I’ll have to check out that link you sent to see if I can figure out why it’s not working with my 2nd generation non-4K Fire stick, I assumed they still had to fix something since on the Wyze skill page at - Amazon.com it still says "Note:

• Fire TV stick is not currently supported. It will be supported soon."

YES !!! ….an easy solution, I just needed to allow the Wyze firmware upgrade and now I can view my Wyze camera feed on my TV using the Fire stick !

I love it when solutions are easy, I’ve had times where it’d take hours to figure out stuff with some other cameras.

I was hesitant to allow the upgrade as I have had experiences with D-Link cameras where the firmware upgrade caused problems and I had to revert back to an earlier version.

Thanks again Rick !

1 Like

It’s good to know that the fire stick works now ,I have a Fire TV Already that works fine But I also have a fire stick Still in the package For the other TV, I don’t have much use for it other than For the wyze cams