WYZE AI WITHOUT event recording

Battery drain is ridiculous because you have to enable Motion recording to get WYZE AI events to work. Why can’t I have it record a person or a package or a vehicle etc… Without enabling “Motion” in event recording. Please fix so we don’t have to charge our cameras every day and so we can stop getting unnecessary notifications.

WYZE AI events being enabled should be enough, (stand alone) to record events / trigger recording, without enabling any other “event recording.” Wasted battery on random motion events. Created too many triggers to record, this draining the battery. I don’t want to record motion. I want to record PEOPLE and PACKAGES and Vehicles etc…

Your post is confusing. The reason you can’t have any of that is that none of the Wyze cameras have any “AI” at all. All such intelligence lies only on the cloud servers, and your camera has to send clips there to be analyzed. Thus they need to detect motion, record a clip, and upload it.

4 Likes

Your camera needs to be replaced, we get over 80 + recordings every day all on cam + we charge every 65 days

1 Like

Yes, first review your camera view, Detection Settings and Event Recording settings. Outdoor cams are triggered by heat sources. So if you have a heat source (concrete, animal, or even a tree in sunlight) in view of the camera, then either adjust that view (Detection Zone) or reduce the sensitivity.

Also, make sure your firmware is up-to-date, because the Outdoor Cameras have recently been plagued with bad firmware recently (problems that also led to fast battery discharge).

2 Likes

Makes sense. I guess I could have phrased the question better. I also don’t recharge daily. That was hyperbole. I recharge monthly probably.

I guess a better phrasing would simply be, how do I get better battery life? How can I get less things to trigger the camera to record, thus increasing battery life? I get too many recordings of just “motion.” I get too many false triggers for people. Vehicle detection is essentially useless as a change in lighting will trigger for a stationary vehicle that was already in the cameras view. I can see how it could be useful in rare settings.

I’m not hating on WYZE. Love the company. I have 6 subscriptions. I have 7 cameras outside and 2 inside that are WYZE brand.

(I must say I have a EUFY 2k indoor pan and tilt that is AMAZING. Wired so no worries about battery life. Person and pet detection free. 2k. Excellent night vision. Cheap. No sub necessary. Etc. Don’t hesitate on that one.)

I just need all the tips I can get to increase battery life and decrease false positive detection rates. Keep it up WYZE. I buy all your stuff. Glade you made it through the pandemic and I appreciate the customer service you have shown me this far.

Most helpful response yet. Thank you. I did not know it was heat that triggered. Didn’t think about it I suppose. Good stuff. I will adjust based on this. Any other tips for battery life?

Any tips for battery life and longevity?

Turn down the sensitivity, and only check Al events